Butane can tapping verses spraying directly into the vessel

Sorry I’m new here and have no idea what I’m doing so please excuse my ignorance if I’m posting I’m the wrong area, I’m so not tec savvy and my spelling and grammar needs a lot of work so please bare with me😉
My question is I just got a case of canned butane and I normally use a can tapper to fill my solvent tank but i seem to loose Some tane that way so I was wondering is it better to just spray the cans in ball valve directly? Any advice is much appreciated thank u so much!!

you’ll lose more without the tap tool making the seal.

3 Likes

Get a better can tapper maybe, it definitely won’t be any better by hand.

1 Like

This post scares me.

Hire a consult, you need one.

2 Likes

“I have no idea what I’m doing” and blasting with butane are indeed a scary mix. This forum encourages people to learn and grow, but always remember that what you are doing is very dangerous and it’ll be too late before you realize u made a fatal mistake.

1 Like

hook your tapper to your chilled collection pot and blast in a bunch of cans then distil/recover said butane. repeat as needed to fill your tank to 80%.
wipe the mystery oils out of your collection pot and start your run(s)

5 Likes

Can can tap its dam self in

10 Likes

I meant I don’t know what I’m doing as In posting on this sight not in running my system sorry of my question was out of line

1 Like