Businesses robbed across CA

I have heard reports that at least 50+ businesses (dispensaries, manufacturing, etc) were hit hard this past weekend in California by criminals (not looters/protestors). Makes me very sad to hear.

Anyone else have firsthand info on what is happening?

Saw a few security videos of groups of trucks/vans and military-esque criminals cleaning production facilities out. Seemed extremely organized and professional.

Scary times. Hope your businesses are okay.

2 Likes

I mean its super simple… they are using the protests and riots as cover to commit crime. Police can’t respond. Simple opportunities present themselves and they take advantage.

5 Likes

They should have some sorta insurance as well. There is no point to lose your life over some material things.

5 Likes

What confuses me is how these looters are actually able to get to the product.

In my city (in CA) to open up a shop you have to bulletproof the floors, walls, ceiling, have two locked doors in between the budtenders and the outside, at the end of the shift all product goes into a huge safe in a room that’s also pretty much a safe, 24 hour security guards… No way some noodle armed dope fiend in a cookies hoodie is getting through any of that shit

Maybe other counties have looser regulations on storage of product IDK

4 Likes

Theres still tons of black market shops in LA area. And its not a dope fiend in a hoodie, like he said there’s smarter people carrying out legit heists out there, since the police can’t respond they are operating freely.

4 Likes

i thought all the looting was just the second stimulus package distribution…grab what you can…

24 Likes

That makes sense then. Also I’m sure not all shop owners do the best job securing their inventory.
I know someone here with a shop where you can open both doors with a credit card to get to the back because they installed them backwards. He paid 30k for the total security install

1 Like

Im not involved on the retail side of things, but I imagine its hard getting insurance for cannabis companies as well (similar to banking).

1 Like

Even extremely well protected and fortified facilities got demolished. This wasn’t just looters, it was opportunistic criminals and coordinated efforts. Once the walls were down (police did not respond for hours to any calls) - then looters followed and cleaned the place up.

I heard reports of safe’s being cut open, extraction equipment being unbolted and taken, everything. Definitely just not run of the mill looters.

What confuses me is how these looters are actually able to get to the product.

In my city (in CA) to open up a shop you have to bulletproof the floors, walls, ceiling, have two locked doors in between the budtenders and the outside, at the end of the shift all product goes into a huge safe in a room that’s also pretty much a safe, 24 hour security guards… No way some noodle armed dope fiend in a cookies hoodie is getting through any of that shit

Maybe other counties have looser regulations on storage of product IDK

Here in LA, Berner’s Cookies dispensary(probably the most mainstream rec shop in LA) got hit hard and he had even more security measures than the ones you listed. The problem is these security measures are only meant to keep you from getting robbed, however stopping 25-50 looters is damn near impossible…especially when they know the cops aren’t coming and they can take their time.

1 Like

Yeah I guess power in numbers. When there’s a will there’s a way, all that. People are going nuts
https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhThYmkIVn04XYERAg

Stealin little monkeys n shit

1 Like

It only takes 1 customer outside all that security to have 99% of the population open whatever you want them too. All depends on what the perpetrators are prepared to do or convince the employees what they might do. Its all kinds of fucked up eitherway

I loaded up today
Mossberg 12ga
Xds9
And a new 1911

Home protection

15 Likes

In Illinois, it is legal to shoot anyone attempting to enter a residence by force. If I had a stake in a dispensary here, I would start sleeping in it to make it a residence.

6 Likes

License holders in large cities, how are you all faring? A lot of states mandate that cultivators+extractors+distributors post their addresses publicly, so this could greatly escalate.

EDIT: sorry, didn’t realize there was already a thread

3 Likes

It seems it’s happening all over the country. Be prepared vs hope you were.

I’m not sure how to merge these 2 strains.

I always just yell for @cyclopath
(Lol)

He seems to know the way.

2 Likes

Got a Keltec Sub 2000 in 9mm today, it’s a fun little thing. The local range was definitely the busiest I’ve ever seen it

3 Likes

I wouldn’t. I’d upgrade my insurance policy, and really, REALLY upgrade safes/safe rooms for product. Like concrete wall/ 8 inch steel door shit.

rather live with that than reliving the time I splatted some fools insides all over the interior of my shop every time I show up in the morning for the next ten years

People get too fixated on what they would do if they were there in person, remember thieves are opportunistic and chances are you will not be there if it does happen, or you won’t get your highly thought out hero moment that’s cut and dry who is at fault if you are there.
Build that shit out so strong nobody will even think about it.

6 Likes

Imagine how many unlicensed facilities are being hit and not publicizing…

4 Likes

I’d wager they are better off. Back in my younger days the only tool i used more than my closed loop was my drill press.

4 Likes