"burnt" Terpene Recovery

recently someone told me they had the SOP to recover 70% of those trash terps collected during 1st pass SPD
he said all that was needed was some extra glassware
anybody ever heard of this? he was selling the tek for around $600 which is great if it works
i’m just kinda iffy about it actually working lol

1 Like

Recovering palatable terpenes, or just protecting the pump?

recovering them to clear useable terpenes

ok! heres the skinny!
You can distill the useable terps off a shortpath if you know what you are doing. The key is low tempatures, and good vacuum. You might Also try bubbling n2 through the boiling flask at a very slow rate 1ml/min.
They were probably trying to sell you another cold trap for the $900.

Start with a pour off from dimond production, that way there isnt any other solvents to contend with, or h20.
You dont want to use the crude you will be distilling, the terps from crude are yuck!.
Slowly boil the terpenes off, and watch your head temps. You dont want to go above 90*c that where things start to yuck up. Slow and steady wins the race here.
This is a better method to isolate the terpenes because it is More productive than going straight from plant material.

2 Likes

i don’t think you’re understanding what i’m saying
he wasn’t selling any glass
only his SOP
it’s actually a legit company / lab from what i remember…i have to search for it on my IG
they show their trash/burnt terps and then they clean them up to be able to use them instead of botanical terpenes
this SOP they are offering is for the leftover terps and junk leftover after first pass
not an SOP to get terps from diamonds or co2 or any other way
all of the other ways to acquire terpenes are very well documented
this though i have never seen that’s why i’m posting asking about it

Interesting, they get palatable results from the “lobster trash”?

2 Likes

yup that’s correct

2 Likes

they say they are fractioning the good terpenes from the trash terps

1 Like