Buildout - Racks and Tables

Hey guys, looking for those whom are cultivating at the moment. Who is using tables or racking systems and what brands are you guys gravitation towards? What makes some of the equipment in the market better then the competitors?

I use a botanicare 4x4 table with a corresponding fast fit tray to hold it up. The tray is a ridiculous price of $100+ for a bunch of metal legs, you could probably just use cinder blocks to hold up your table instead. You’ll also have to drill your own drain/pump holes with a step bit drill, just a couple of 3/4" or 1" holes to install piping.

I wasn’t sure where else to post this question so I’m bumping this topic.

I’m doing some work building things (racks, tables and light hangers) out of strut channel (Unistrut, Superstrut, etc.).

I have enough work to justify buying some of the channel in bulk or possibly ordering a pallet load of it to save some money if possible.

A 10 foot stick of the channel is about $42 at my local Home Depot.

Does anyone know if:

1. There is anywhere online to order strut cheaper than $42 per 10 feet? (my initial research has found all online sources to be more expensive than Home Depot so far.)

2. Is there a type of local business (electrical supply?, building supply?) that might have a better price or a bulk discount? I haven’t had much luck so far in this area either.

Let me know, thanks.

2 Likes

You can try Ferguson plumbing supply. They are pretty much world wide. But I think the price you are paying is about right. Especially if you don’t have a business account.

1 Like