Bud wash PM

Botryris is very different from PM. Also, the type of PM that effects cannabis is not the same one(s) that effect cucumbers, squash or grapes. Give someone who is immunocompromised some botrytis to smoke, and it may well kill them. Both mold and PM are especially dangerous when vaporized/combusted and inhaled, even for normal, healthy people!

Even someone who is not immunocompromised is guaranteed to suffer ill effect if in a closed room where it is being processed. The stuff that grows on cannabis can be incredibly toxic.

What you said equates to saying, “Black mold in the house is no big deal. Mold is everywhere and hasn’t done me wrong yet!” :man_facepalming: Are you seriously trying to argue that moldy, PM infested cannabis is fit for consumption?

Weed would be the leading cause of death if mold in it killed people.

3 Likes

Old school outdoor grower tek (plants need to be fresh cut, won’t work for dried)

1 oz. insecticidal soap (Dr. Bronners) to a gallon of room temperature water

1 gallon of room temperature water (not cold)

Dip your PM nug in the soap solution, dip your nug in the clean water, hang to dry. It will pass testing and retain the trichs.

1 Like

you certainly dont want to just smoke moldy buds. i would be interested in compounds produced by burning mold and spores. that being said, mold and spores can be filtered out of extract mechanically. the myco’s and aflatoxins they produce cant be filtered mechanically (but i have yet to see the strain of molds growing on cannabis and hemp flowers break down into mycotoxins and aflatoxins.)

2 Likes

Leb grade celite 545 only in my personal and lab.

1 Like