Bubble hash, etoh bucket tek

Hey everyone so I’ve been using @TheLostBiologist bucket tek. I’ll post pics when I get to my computer but for now I was curious. My yield have been fairly low - I was curious what kind of loss in yield I should expect when is Using t-41/AC/20um filter.

Also since my yield has been pretty low… 5-7% I decided to bubble hash out some of the flower and run that instead. For some reason this flower is giving me 3-4 ozs of hash per lb at 200um but only like 25-35g of wax when I run it. So my question is - if I’m using bubble hash is a 10-1 solvent to biomass ratio gonna be enough solvent? Do I need to scrub hash (AC, fine and coarse filtration).

It’s 200um… this is without question why your yield is so high making bubble hash vs the bucket tek.

3 Likes

Using the weights you posted, it still looks like you’re getting around 7% or so from the ice hash/rosin press.

35/453= ~7.7%

Like @FicklePickle said, you’re weight from ice has at 200um is deceiving you.

You’re getting a ton of plant matter at 200um I’d say.

5 Likes

The quality of the starting material is a huge factor in yeild. Have you tested the trim/hash for cannabiniods? You could use the original flower testing if you had it, but keep in mind that trim will be a good bit lower on concentration than the bud.

Another factor is doing multiple passes. If you’re just doing a single cryo soak on trim then 7% yield by weight is actually pretty good.

If you’re looking to process trim into hash first with the plan to ethanol extract then I wouldn’t bother with bubble. You can either just bulk kief frozen trim with dry ice over a trim bin screen or throw frozen trim into a 200 micron bubble bag with a good bit of dry ice and jerk the bag up and down over a table. You can then card up the kief. As @Curious_Roberto said, at 200 microns you get a lot of plant material. But that’s fine if you are just going to cryo extract anyway.

2 Likes

Yea man I’m honestly happy with a first pass 7% because the trim isn’t spent so I’m gonna see what’s left in it. I was in no way hating on your method or comparing it to bubble hashing stuff out.

I’m just playing around with methods because this is my first month doing this and I want to get it dialed in before I scale it up. So I’m just curious if y’all would use more than a 10 to 1 ratio with hash. I ran a 10 to 1 with my Cryo extract. Here’s a pic of my first and second run.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That’s all looking pretty good, my dude.

10:1 volume of ethanol to weight of material is probably more than you need, especially for hash. But the extra won’t hurt on a small scale.

4 Likes

You might want to switch from parchment to PTFE sheets. I get mine from Oil Slick. Get the thicker ones and they will last a little bit. Less sticking than parchment and they don’t degrade like silicone.

2 Likes

Nice I’ll order some thanks

1 Like

hi, thats look amazing… can you tell us the temp and the time for the bublehash etoh soak? yields?
thanks a lot.

Man it’s been awhile but I believe the temp was between -60 and -70C just because that’s what I did with biomass and this was a R&D project. The time I left it in ethanol was 3-5 minutes. I run the Roto at 18-24 under full vac

2 Likes

thanks a lot dd

1 Like

Anytime, lemme know how it goes.

1 Like