Boiling a solvent tank

what would happen if we boiled are solvent tanks have our lines set up so the gas through the material column then to the collection vessel. what can we pull from our material if we do this if anything. i was thinking this may be a way to extract terps with out anything else

Closest I can think of to your question. Never tried it.

Frankly, you’ll have an easier time growing some crystals, and using a cheap ebay centrifuge to partition the mother liquor from the crystallized THCA

1 Like

there are at least a couple of reports of folks doing this accidentally (no dip tube)…they got nothing.

New to closed Loop: Zero solvent flow? Diptube?!?

what you’re after needs to be a gas at the temps you’re using in order for this to work.

3 Likes

Super small yields but worth the capture in my opinion. Try propane with a heated biomass column

3 Likes

i was thinking propane or pentane i think the important thing is keeping a steady temp all the way to collection i would say maybe somewhere between 60c-80c maybe a we bit of nitrogen to push things along

i want to gain a better understanding of terps co-crystallizing thc and using it varying amounts with different solvents. i think maybe this is how @J12 gets his water clear terps maybe.

That’s not how I do it. Butane is the best solvent for terps in my opinion. That is the only solvent I use for extraction

9 Likes

he claims he doesn’t use CRC, but i find it doubtful he’s giving an accurate portrait into his methods.

No disrespect, just a lot of breadcrumbs in similar folks post that don’t add up

1 Like

I have had some thoughts on this for a while now… Our systems are designed perfectly for the operation. We have full control of our solvent temperature, state, and volume.

I think with a simple modification of our procedure we can start isolating terpenes on demand, per-se, as desired.

I got 24 tons of FF if you want someone to test. Licensed

8 Likes

Sounds like you need a Behemoth… can process 100lbs/hr at a 15:1 with propane @ <-50c. Typically see up to 30lbs per minute of solvent. No MAQ limit issues. No nitrogen required for operation!

Self contained thermal control system. Patent Pending Technology!

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone get water clear terps with crc. There is always a hint of yellow. I use crc on some material but for the most part just run very good FF with no crc.

5 Likes

That’s a lot of freezer space sir

4 Likes

Don’t you cold trap your terps?

From what?

I’m honestly not 100% sure, but my guess would be from your vac oven. But that almost seems too obvious. I just remember dred bringing it up in a past thread.

I tried that years ago with no luck. Some company even made this cold trap for terps add on that never yielded a single drop. $1200 rip off. Cascade sold it

3 Likes

Please don’t try this unless your system is rated for propane.

Propane already has enough pressure now ur gonna heat it…what does the psi get up to?

1 Like

Hot gas extraction, there is a GW patent outlining the parameters for terp fraction and cannabinoid fraction.

2 Likes

Calm down bro. The heat is to reject any reflux. The pressure should be low since there needs to be a series of condensers

1 Like

Some ppl may take the statement all wrong run hot propane through hot column and the psi will sky rocket I must misunderstood what you were saying and attempting my bad

I use to know cool guy name @Apothecary36 he’d beat ur ass I know that much :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:wink:

3 Likes