Bioavailability Plus

Hello,

We have a Hemp farm in Oregon and I want to create a product line to include bioavailable drinks, supplements and possibly a skin-care selection. Smokable hemp has extreme limitations as an approachable item and I am exploring other options.

My questions

Technical:
What kind of extraction facility is capable of providing a “cocktail” of cannabinoids (CBD, CBC, CBG) to infuse various products?
What is Dehydration Synthesis and is it a preferred method?
Is CO2 Extraction more prevalent in OR?
Are winterization, filtration & dewaxing, decarboxilation, solvent recovery & distillation, oil refining & purification and fractional distillation the stages necessary before then making a product water soluble?
Is a product that is rapidly dissolving and soluble by default permeable?

Business:
What do solid partners need from me?
Who can I partner with that is operating an extraction facility in Oregon?
What are the costs associated with production?
Should we use our hemp or is the biomass available more affordable?
Would a CBD “Tap House” be too dangerous?
How many different types of products can one facility make from isolate?

Thanks in advance!

any facility fed biomass of the appropriate genetics, and/or one making lots of isolate then performing chromatography on the mother liquor.

a synthesis that results in the loss of an oxygen and two hydrogens (water) from the primary reactant .

did you ask the all knowing one…dehydration sythesis - Google Search

do you want the cannabinoids from your hemp or are you looking to rearrange what the plant gave you into something you deem more attractive to the market? only option B requires a synthetic chemist.

edit: tell me where you’re getting a spare Oxygen on any of those cannabinoids…

what are you trying to “permeate”?
blood/brain?
Dermis?
intestinal mucosa?
oral mucosa?

than other hemp extraction methods? (I doubt it)
than in other states or countries? (I hope not, we’ve been at it long enough to know better)

huh?

I hear one can purchase CBD infused pillows…
6, 60, 600…depends on how creative you are, or how thin you want to spread your marketing $$

2 Likes

First off, thank you for the response. Second, good question about the spare O. In looking for soluble options, I’m trying to understand a product from Lexaria BioScience, but my chemistry background is not sufficient enough to tease it a part. It’s all very new to me.

I suppose I will need to work with a synthetic chemist to create a product that will allow the appropriate permeability based on product type.

I would like to replace the majority of liquor license establishments with Cannabis establishments. In a perfect world…

My creativity is only restricted by my budget.

Can’t help you understand the product unless you point us at it…

You still have defined how you’re using “permeate”. A transdermal patch and a nasal spray may have some similarities, but neither are related to a soda pop.

You’re looking for formulation not synthesis (imo), but you really haven’t defined the problem well enough to be sure

Doesn’t look like an unreasonable drug delivery system.

Does look like a pharma style product that won’t fly without a lot of red tape.

That red tape is certainly coming down the pike…

And what about when that would not be beneficial? Does coupling to a fatty acid suddenly not direct away from the liver?

smells like marketing nonsense to to me…

Are you asking for my specific products or am I to identify the delivery system? I want to use simple apothecary bases for the most part, but I’m very confused about how the panel (Terpenes and Cannabinoids) isn’t completely degraded by the extraction process. Would flavor Terpenes be added back in after the cannabinoids are isolated and which method of extraction is appropriate for each of the following product ideas?

A Hempstar cannabinoid panel in iced coffee, tea, and limeade.
An Elektra panel in local honey.
A Lifter panel salt/sugar skin care scrub.
A Endo blend capsule or powder that can be added to a shaken/blended drink.

I would really prefer to stay as far away as possible from large corporations, but I do like that the potential for inhalation alternatives for nicotine as well as cannabis. There’s a lot of people who are going to stay smokers, but I am pretty fixated on alternatives.

Then you may not be well suited for the above wizardry…

Would it work? Probably
Is it necessary to your goal?

I think there are other less expensive routes you should explore, and you might want to build a brand/niche then expand your line.

The further you refine (then chemically modify) your raw flowers, the further you get from that warm hippy feeling you’re trying to sell your customers (no disrespect. You need a niche!!).

The technology you site does not claim to produce a water soluble cannabinoid profile…it chemically attaches the drug of choice to a fatty acid (cocktail?) to enhance bioavailability. That wouldn’t seem to be of much help in your tea, your honey, or your salt/sugar scrub products. It would certainly work in pills or an oil based tincture, but there are way shorter routes to get there that keep way more of the profile in the starting material.

Is that required from a pharmaceutical standpoint? Dunno.

Are you ready to dive into big pharma territory?!?

The Endocannabinoid blend is the most appealing. A powder that can be added to any beverage seems the most versatile and then a capsule that can cure a hangover as the universe intended with caffeine/CBD.

1 Like

I’m using Endocannabinoid blend just as a reference for he system to target

1 Like

Extracted from happy hippies kidnapped off the streets in Eugene…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yes it’s better when they’re free range. All the chems they get stuffed with on the (feed) lot can be gnar.

4 Likes

Careful, though. Free range Eugene hippies can be loaded with just as many bad (or worse) chems… Source your vendor carefully!

2 Likes

beware of heavy metal contamination, some of the free-range ones seem to bio-accumulate surgical stainless…and make sure they’re sustainably harvested :wink:

1 Like

can you point at exactly where you got the impression that Lexaria Bioscience’s process will give you this? I don’t see it…but that could easily be me.

Lexaria’s rep in SF is sending me samples of their products to test, but the impression I got is that they can be added to any beverage.

I miss Eugene! Sweet Life Patisserie and the Saturday market. I’d drive up from Sam’s Valley just to spend my weekends there. We could bail our biomass, but I need to get a sample up to future and get some of the Kush Hemp sold first.

What’s your process? I’m into handshake deals. It’s not the climate I’m seeing here in Chicago. I’m seemingly a threat to everyone out here and competition is all short-gain and zero long-game. It’s disappointing. Hemp dispensaries are vertical and who knows if their COAs are representative of their shelves. Oregon quality is drastically better. They need farmers here. We legalized for “adult use” January 1.

Always make sure to have a COA from an accredited lab you trust. Follow that up with visual and physical (touch the product) confirmation that it looks and feels appropriate for what the COA says. After that, a handshake quickly followed by a contract if everything looks good.

Sweet life is the best. They made my wife and my wedding cake. It was pretty epic. Saturday market has some good stuff too.

@Akoyeh, anyone operating closer to Grant’s Pass? Bails are in Sam’s Valley.