Best way to find out sex of plant in large quantity?

Want to see what other grower are using to germinate and finding out the sex of plant in large quantity. Have anyone use shaded net? Thanks in advance.

Have you seen these guys?

3 Likes

Thank you, i will check them out.

Shaded net?? Anything to do with sex determination?

There are lots of folks who can perform dna (pcr) based sex tests. If you’ve got 50,000 you might consider bringing the tek in-house. I think they teach it in high school (middle school) these days…

1 Like

The Medicinal Genomics PCR testing( Rowan posted link) is less than $5 a test after an initial investment of around$2000. That’s for the miniPCR. If you go 96 well, its a little more. But you can test 10 days after germination with a leaf hole punch.

3 Likes

Shaded nets @cyclopath don t tell me You never heard of that one :cry:

1 Like

PHYLOS BIOSCIENCE… TEsts are 15$ Min of 4 tests…www.phylosbioscience.com

Any Seeds we pop we test for sex right away Saves lots of TIME and SPACE and MONEY…

They Offer a 88 Seedling Palette and More…

2 Likes

Anyone have experience with this? I’m about to jump in

2 Likes

Germinate your seeds in a shallow 72 cell tray under 12/12 light for 6-8 weeks. They will start to show especially once roots become bound. Then you can transplant females into a larger cell under proper light and they will revenge quickly.

1 Like

I reveg, but Im curious of what you mean by quickly. It takes some weeks for me. Mine are from a clone taken late, and then they go to like 3 or 1 leaf structure until recovering.
The first clones I got the guy talked to me and revealed that his clones are from seed? Or maybe im confused, He said he runs s1 seeds in his garden. He sells clones for a company but prefers s1 for his own garden? Made no sense to me but he said he has like 2000 plants and the seeds are all female?

It’s a much slower process to root and revege cuts that are moderate to heavily in slower. When you plant a young plant that’s in flower into a larger container it will begin to revege. Your tricking the plant in the plug tray to think it’s at the end of its life cycle. No more volume of soil to grow in means it wants to procreate. Once you allow for more root growth the plant with revege quickly. Especially when adding more light.

1 Like

3 or 4 days of 24hrs of light then go to 18hrs for reveging a rooted plant, not budding plant.
U need 2 or 3 weeks of 24/7 light to reveg a finished plant that has gone thru its whole flower cycle

1 Like

I’ve had good luck just going 18/6 after the chop

1 Like

Actually just started seedlings for this season. Would be great to know if they’re male or not (had one a couple years ago that snuck in until flowering. SUCKED)

Does anyone know if there’s places around lane county that does this? Or ways to test and see? (Without having to flower my plants)

buy female seeds? That’s easy next. Might be worth the extra doe a big room could really fuck u w males or herms but I’m low key

1 Like

I purchased feminized seeds. But its never 100%.

2 Likes

Well. In a week or two I guess you could mail me a leaf to sample :stuck_out_tongue:

Most services allow u to mail a leaf sample in.

1 Like

I have a suggestion for a pretty cheap way to estimate (or at least somewhat screen) the %males in a batch of feminized seeds. It involves bulking together a certain amount of the seeds in the batch (30 or more probably) into one sample, and then sacrificing them at the alter of the PCR gods… but youd only have to pay for one godly RXn + whatever sample prep they dream up.

Any male DNA in the batch would register a positive, as all the DNA in the seed (seedcoat from mom and embryo from kid) should be female. But may need some special prep, specifically making sure to wash off any male DNA from seedcoat, should not be too hard. Seems the magic number for seed test labs (corn and other crops) is 30 seeds. 30seeds with one hypothetical male seed in there would be 100/30= 3.33% male… so if your batch had no males out of 30 seed, you could say that batch is probably under 3.33% male.

Maybe if you had a fancy CoA behind that… mo$ /seed?!

3 Likes

They make hormone spray probably bad for you