Best System For Removing THC

The rep from Biotage is a dick and never returns my emails. Finally, got a quote through a third party. Did anyone try C60 resin media? Teledyne, CPC, etc. so much to choose from. I have talked to a lot of labs popping up for specifically remediation as well, some doing degradation, and some a mix of chromatography and distilling. Anyone know of any good reputable machines?

1 Like

Best and most commercially viable are likely 2 different things.

Reverse phase Chromatography works very well but has lots of draw backs.

1 Like

What exactly are all the drawbacks? Let’s assume you could pack your own columns. Couldn’t you reuse, up to a certain extent, the media?

1 Like

Yes you can pack your own columns
Yes you can also reuse the packing with a flush and clean for many many uses.
The main drawbacks are the massive amount of solvents that are needed and all the safety requirements that go with that.
With lots of solvents you need to also recover those solvents.

3 Likes

We extract with Ethel alcohol, i have all the safety and handling covered. I can’t find a system i like.
Any suggestions?

We’ve been setting up manual simulated moving bed style chromatography racks for a number of clients. With the right medias you can cut solvent usage about 70 percent, and don’t have to use a water gradient with your ethanol so it’s extremely easy to recover and reuse, no reproofing necessary. The manual column setups are also waaaaay cheaper than any flash system, so you can save some money for buying the medias which are somewhat costly. Let me know if you’d like to jump on the phone and talk about some possibilities for your facility. I’m setting up one of these manual column rack systems tomorrow, we can video chat and you can check it out for yourself if you’d like!

2 Likes

What size units are available & their price points?
@GreenMachine_Consult

So right now we’re setting them up with 10kg columns which will remediate about a liter per run per column. There is enough room for eight to ten columns per rack. Comes with two matched solvent tanks to the number of columns. One to push from and pull the elution by vacuum into the other. We recommend clients grab a UV fraction finder from summit or arometrix for monitoring fraction peaks during elution so you can know when to stop eluting, switch fractions or switch to the next column. If you wanna shoot me an email or give me call I can get a quote made for you. 9512619890 is the office phone and zack@grmlabs.com is my email. The hardware starts around 18k just to give you a rough idea, that doesn’t include media to fill the columns which is the most expensive part, but the media we’ve been using is significantly less than c18 in price and more effective.

3 Likes