Best isolate mill or solution

Does anyone have a good solution from milling down isolate that they would recommend? Open to any other solutions for this but I am on somewhat of a budget. Thanks

Maybe this with some kind of hard media inside: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-lb-rotary-rock-tumbler-67631.html

A nutsche filter.

I can build you one, how large is your batch size?

How much for one? I’m very interested I was hoping to do 5-10 KG at once.

Lemme work on it I have some feedthroughs gathering dust.

1 Like

What’s the verdict on the best milling solution? We’re getting isolate chunks out of our process similar to what used to come out shattergurljaqueline’s CPS before she introduced agitation. Any advice on how to tackle material like that would be appreciated.

FYI- agitated crystallization is not a viable solution for our process, so definitely need a mill -centric solution.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Any issues with it getting too hot?

My process crashes the isolate out as a uniform fine slurry, using ultrasonic pulsing

Why not? Do you not have a proper way to agitate or are you having trouble doing it properly?

No, we have an upstream process that is proprietary. It let’s us hit 99% + CBD out of distillation, so we’ve been pouring it out into slabs and breaking it. We’ve got the equipment to do an agitated crystallization, but it seems silly to go back into solvent just form a powder when I’m hoping an appropriate milling solution will solve the issue.

I’d received a recommendation on an AI planetary ball mill, but they don’t seem to have much in the way of throughput considering their price

I think this is the one jaqueline recommended as it doesn’t get too hot during batches

Gotcha. You think any Robot Coupe stays relatively cool or this model specifically?

I think this model does based upon that batch size

I think anything will heat up to some degree but not to the point of melting your isolate into distillate

Use this for my mash when making liquor and it’ll pulverize into dust (if ya need it to).

Can hook it up to a cordless drill too.

I can turn a 50lb of course grain into dust in 15 minutes (less if I had someone pouring it for me while I grind :joy:)

Look on used equipment sites for “Conical Mills”. Pricey stuff, but the throughput is god-tier, and the screens can be customized for whatever mesh or mill you need.