Best deal on bulk celite 545?

cdlinc.ca sells it for $44.50CAD/50lb box

Maple syrup yo!

1 Like

I’m using that but it’s so slow am I building my filters too thick? How thick do you go?

1 Like

I use your celite stuff. It’s surprisingly not a bad price, at all. The disty guy uses it. And I use it to filter out fines.

1 Like

I don’t use much, I just fill up the center of my retention ring and flush to the top of it. Not the plate, just the ring

1 Like

How big is the filter diameter

1 Like

I use a 4 filter plate. Maybe 3" and ⅜ deep roughly.

Celite in my fritted glass buchner is about .5" thick it’s still slow after the first few mins

Btw proper silica blends never slow down. De and cheap celite will slow down. Silica that’s engineered typically doesn’t slow like that.

1 Like

Could be it could also be carbon and bentonite clay the cake on top when they get filtered out

1 Like

I think I might try y’alls powders out next

1 Like

Could you buy one of these cheaper bags and do a demo? So we can see the difference in speed

1 Like

i would love to see a test. you let me know how much celite you would need to perform a test and i can donate it and send it to you on my dime.

So 60a silica gel (25 micron) is what you use instead of celite/DE?

Someone already did this on Instagram. Actually a couple months ago. I should look for it. We also posted several videos on a FB group years about about this.

1 Like

No, that would be insane. 60a is a gel and won’t stay put as a bed. It will then black out and not operate as passive as silica media.

1 Like

I dont use Facebook. Maybe post it on your page under the product description if it’s legit.

I have to search for it.

1 Like

The stuff from proof 33 or the big cheap bag? I just ordered a Bunch from a few different sites including that 50lb bag to do some tests.

1 Like

The Proof33 bag is huge too.

2 Likes

Now anybody know where the cheap silica 60 is? Sorry, new to the threads, haven’t found all the best deals yet.