Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

Felt the need to make a different topic rather than post in the previous topic with the pointless spam.

Sharing my experience in hopes to help out another small processor operation going through this bullshit. I’ve had used kush supply solvent for nearly 2 years without any issues until the recent last month. I had a client who Is a good toll processing client of mine share some test results of benzene in finished product. Not every product showed benzene but 4 different samples showed residuals In benzene one of which was 6ppm 3x over our legal limit. I personally comped this client 80k off their invoice to rectify this issue and keep them as a client for this hiccup.

Kush supply assured me they have coas (still none that I have seen yet) that show 0 ppm benzene. Which doesn’t mean shit to me if I have 2 different independent state accredited labs confirming benzene and again with blind samples. Even though I think all test labs are complete horse shit there is forsure benzene present and this was still a huge issue.

So far the benzene contaminated product was only in this clients product which is also odd as I’ve done tolls for other people and my own brands product that did not show any residuals for benzene. I suspect it was due to possibly individual cylinder not being cleaned properly? Who really knows.

Was on a call with at least 10 people from kush to gas innovations giving me the run around. I will update this thread when they do testing on the cylinders I’ve sent back to them.

Since our call last week I was told I would be receiving refunds for the tanks (that I have still not seen yet) which is another thing that pisses me off when gas suppliers say “if u find benzene in our tank we will credit u tank :+1:t4::+1:t4::fist:t4:” as if that matters. Who the fuck cares about a $400-600 tank and why the hell would anybody grab a tank from that specific supplier again when 100k+ product is ruined??

EDIT:
Here are COAs that i’ve posted throughout this thread of product from GAS INNOVATIONS ntane. NOTE: A majority of these samples were pulled during the purge process which explains high ppms of butane.

13 Likes

Welcome to the shit show. Nice to see more extractors willing to talk about this.

19 Likes

You are entitled to more than a refund

You bought something purported to be GRAS according to COA but ended up containing a carcinogen that tainted your product, poisoned your customers leaving you open for lawsuits, and irreparably damaged your business reputation.

Contact a weed friendly lawyer and see if you have traction. If you don’t the Cali guys definitely do.

All of the butane reps on here need to notify their suppliers that a reckoning is coming.

I might talk to a few lawyers and see if a class action is something that would generate some revenue. I’m sure the suppliers all the way up the chain have assets worth suing over.

Where is the tainted butane from? Might just have to start an essential oil business and use some benzene tainted gas to avoid all the federal weed loopholes for lawsuits.

16 Likes

Yea this is getting to the point of someone getting sued for sure.

16 Likes

Definitely entitled to more than a refund - will i see that? More than likely not.

7 Likes

Maybe then people will worry about more than a dirty cup cause there are more variables than just the holding device. No one wants shitty coffee from a possible dirty pot.

14 Likes

2 Likes

I would only speak directly to a manager or CEO and explain to them the difference in amounts between a refund and a lawsuit with 100 processors

7 Likes

I got a report of multiple chalk/benzene issues with HPG gas in SoCal as well late last night. Being this widespread is convincing me more and more that it’s coming from Diversified.

8 Likes

My conference call was with executives from both Gas Innovations/Kush Supply.

To also note a lot of the benzene reports i’ve seen come out of California - I am not in California.

4 Likes

I have a call with Gi on Thursday, they want to ease my concerns lol. Stop sellig dirty gas and have some qc is all I want!

5 Likes

I bet they do lmao.

2 Likes

KushCo (now merged with Greenlane) supplies like half the cannabis industry so this will probably not be an isolated issue. Problem is most processors are going to be covering their tracks rather than raising awareness to the issue.

8 Likes

I’m going to throw tons of money at the short with what a pain in the ass this is for me.

5 Likes

Received the last of the Product testing back.

This was on my most recent gas from them. 2 failed and 2 more with passing residuals. I’ll post coa when I’m back to a computer.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM KUSH SUPPLY / GAS INNOVATIONS

7 Likes

Please post the lot numbers from your tanks

6 Likes

I would love to see everyones gas COAs they were provided and see if it’s possible to connect anything together.

7 Likes

Would love to see the lot #'s and any COA’s you might have from them as well!

2 Likes

I still have yet to receive COAs from Kush Supply about their gas from GI

4 Likes

These samples were taken shortly after extraction during purge. This was from the last of ntane from GI