Benchtop distillation

Hey everybody I apologize if there is another post that I have not seen I have recently got a bench top distillation Set up it was given to me by one of my partners as a gift I have everything needed but I have not ran short path distillation yet and I was hoping that somebody could possibly share and so P or help me find the correct parameters and procedures to run distilled THC All I wanna do is make a good quality product I can refine and learn more as I go I just need a base to start with Everything in our lab is fully compliant

It’s there a sop for distillation in the glg sop’s?

1 Like

Ill have to search harder. To see imtwrnet is shptty in my neck of the woods sllww

Today actually I’m about to run my first ever short path. Always looking for more knowledge, but I will say this place is the most productive and helpful place I’ve ever used. Keep us updated!

2 Likes

Yes there is for first pass and second

2 Likes

Well then post them here after you find them. He says they are meant to be bootlegged. Help out some other brothers too. Lol. Only half way joking.

2 Likes

good luck eastcoast…post up some pics when your done.

1 Like

Thanks man. I still need a good vacuum gauge/monitor and the adapter to add a thermometer at the head… the glass kit only came with the thermometer adapter for the boiling flask. I’m trying to get things up and running without draining my employers pockets off their faith in me, so I guess I’m flying blind until I can grab a good valve to control the vacuum, and a good guage. Running a simple set up right now, and plan on just following along with the best tek I can find. Best value vacs and summit both have fairly simply teks in their pages… figured I’d start there and dial it in. I’m half prepared, half super intimidated by it :frowning:

1 Like

Do You have a temperature probe for your booiling flask?
If so the head is not so important in My opinion You Will see iT coming
Your tails Will be a little harder If with Some luck your material has Some cbd in iT cbd is one of the last to come out and taints your glass orange When boiling
For a vacuum gauge You can by a micron meter vacuum gauge second hand from the hvac industrie and change the sensor for a new one
Gives a reasonable read of your vacuum
Sets u back 150$ i started with a yellow jacket brand vacuum gauge

3 Likes

thank you for that reply… I do indeed have a temp probe for the boiling flask… I just need the glass piece for the head thermometer, which i ordered. Good to see i can get away without it for now, but as i learned today from my other post, it seems that its not worth even attempting with no vacuum gauge at all… I wouldnt even know if i was leaking air like a savage.

Yea someone else suggested a gauge as well in the 150ish range… I dont want to seem like i dont understand the importance of certain things, such as the gauge. Im just trying my best to produce a viable and sellable product for my employers, and shy away from constantly saying “ohhh yeaaaa we need this too”… They have no problem buying what we need, im just not used to having capital behind my endeavours… So it seems like a decent vacuum gauge is among the very last view things in need… Now im just focusing on learning a good tek to start with and go from there… Aint nothin to it but to do it, right?

2 Likes

Listen to tell You the truth i worked months without a vacuum gauge
And if You know your vacuum pump Well You can hear When she is sucking or at full vac You can check for leaks with the flame of a lighter seeing her move near a leak but man the hassel and Fear take the fun out of the job

4 Likes