Beaker and Wrench WFE

I have a library of sanitary stuff I have drawn, what parts do you need for you model?

2 Likes

yeah i have a pretty extensive library of TC parts

you can request files directly from the manufacturer most of the time!

also www.grabcad.com is pretty awesome, id highly recommend signing up and using the repository there, not too many TC parts, but lots of everything else!!

1 Like

Thank you! I"m not exactly proficient in using it. I"m just trying to build a rough sketch in, for a rack build out. But depending on frustration. Might just grab the welder and the grinder and just jump in lol

1 Like

if you have sketch shoot it over, ill send back the model.
Fo’ Freee dawg!

3 Likes

Do you know where any free CAD add ons with most tri clover, hydraulic, sanitary equipment? Autodesk compatible

I remember seeing a catalogue way back but it was mad expensive. Ive been doing everything from scratch. Its been a learning experience but it would be nice to have a plug n build

2 Likes

the catalog you are talking about is called “plant 3D” i believe! its like $1600 annually if i remember correctly, which is kinda insane.

you can get this for free from torrenting though, its on thepiratebay still i think, just be careful about what you download.

here is a cheaper option, you can purchase a complete library or individual components

I linked this previously but also check out www.grabcad.com chances are if your looking for a model of an ancillary component, itll be on grabcad

Hey @densone, I’m in Houston where a lot of custom distillation units are made on massive scales. There are fabricators everywhere out here. I can send plans and whatnot to my buddies with CNC and full fabrication warehouses. Remember: down south will always be cheaper than west coast.

2 Likes

This is the 3 stage 12 inch wiper

1 Like

Those ball valves are obnoxiously leaky I always remove them off of your wiped film units.

Change those to peristaltic pumps, price increases but they work so much better that way

3 Likes

2nd the ball valves and pumps comments

Also, sometimes the bleed valves leak on these units.

If you have a ghost leak and cant figure out where check the bleed valve for sure

1 Like

Thank you for your advices, we will improve them.

I’ve got our wiper design in CAD and SketchUp3d. Just waiting for you guys to come play with it @Rowan @Kingofthekush420 . I’ll have Kevin bring his laptop when we come out to your place so we can fuck around with it for a bit, but you guys will have to come to the office in Murrieta to really pound out and finalize the design changes. We even just grabbed a 3d printer so we can 3d print scale parts and do stress and fit testing and other R&D you guys wanna do. See you guys pretty soon!

6 Likes

Dope super stoked!

3 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

Damn mad jelly

3 Likes

I am fairly new to this whole industry including engineering, fabricating and design but I can tell you guys that it totally is possible to do it, the trickiest part was making a cage of balanced rollers. But the rollers are PTFE stock we then had the idea to add in a deep thread to help move things along but we’re revisiting this concept. I started this process around the same time that @Rowan had created his post which I have to thank for the motivation to move forward. Off of my head the big notes/changes were making is that because of the distances and speed and product the rollers MAY spray material onto the finger which may produce off colors. Second major point is that there may be particles, carbon(?) that scratched our cylinder walls, when this happened we learned that teflon and stainless steel don’t play nice and we had some shearing, teflon flakes in some distillate. We resolved that by polishing and honing our cylinder. The third point is we were basically making a pizza oven, stainless seems to retain heat a lot more so adjust your temperature readings accordingly. For now thats all off the top of my head.

However after those issues were resolved we produced about 20kg of consistent product. Now the hardest part im struggling with is finding clients for the product, haha. I am not good at posting here but if anyone has questions i can gladly try and answer what I can.

5 Likes

Feel free to chime in or come to the office and take part man! We’d love to have you.

1 Like

Deleted

I’m pretty sure were gonna need a certification on the falling film were building too @Rowan @Ruwan

2 Likes