Bay Area Seeking Extract/Analytical Position

Hello All,

Thank you all for contributions to this great forum!

I’ve been working in the Oregon OLCC recreational market since October of 2016, primarily in a management role for extraction. My background is in chemistry, which I have a bachelor of science degree in. I have worked for vertically integrated businesses in Oregon (cultivator/processor) as well as an ORELAP accredited ISO 17025 cannabis testing lab in Portland.

Before cannabis I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 4 years. I have experience working in GMP/ISO environments. I worked in a 24/7 FDA regulated manufacturing facility. I have done chemical analyses of injectable drug products & intravenous solutions with wet chemistry methods and HPLC/GC. My documentation and record keeping is very strong.

Since March of this year, following a deep personal loss, I have been in the north bay area working for a Type 6 Manufacturer. It isn’t the right fit. I work with a group that has a lot of corporate experience in mainstream companies and industries, but virtually no understanding of cannabis & related products and the market. Oftentimes I feel like I am own my own little island here and I would really love the chance to work with some like minded people where ideas can be exchanged and I am not the token weed guy that is explaining what decarboxylation is to an executive with dollar signs in his eyes. There’s lots of other reasons why I want to leave, which I am willing to share in a DM - but much is related to the third parry entity which issues IPs to licenses holders that make products under their brand.

I don’t have an “extractor” ego and I don’t hoard knowledge. I strive to be a quiet professional. I like to help people. I have experience in:

HPLC & GC
Ethanol & CO2 Extracts
Winterization
Spinning band Distillation
Solvent Recovery
Liquid Liquid Extraction
Color Remediation
Formulation
Metrc Tracking System
SOP creation & Version Control
Title 21 CFR Part 211
Equipment Procurement

I would really like to be part of something that seeks to develop innovations from within and not depend on a third party for that type of direction. I would like to be part of an organization that values operations and does not treat sales as the single most valuable department. And I would like to work with people that actually like cannabis and don’t treat it with gold rush type mentality.

I am also open to roles where so of my web application experience could be used. Here is what I can do:

Html/CSS
JavaScript
React.JS library
Python
Django web framework
PostgreSQL Relational Database
Heroku
Amazon Web Services
Rest APIs

I am currently in the North bay area. I have a lease that ends in December and would be open to relocating in December if something comes up out of state. I am happy to talk further to anyone interested.

5 Likes

Word. Sounds like you’ll be a valuable asset to someone’s organization. Best of luck!