Award winning oil? ? Delta 8 unfit distributor? ? Compliant award. The true story!

So is the Pegasus challenge back in game ? :thinking:

3 Likes

If so, I would like to claim my trophy.

3 Likes

How did @kcalabs get duped into thinking the process was scalable?

1 Like

Why does KCA keep getting bamboozled into supporting the worst people in the industry?

11 Likes

@kcalabs having a meeting with their "partners"

7 Likes

When you boil “success” down into something simple and quantifiable, you’re going to have bad actors who figure out how to game the numbers to “win”.

Edit: not to mention the fact that we’ve all had discussions ad nauseam about what a crapshoot cannabinoid testing is. Is it all that surprising that a company who’s value they bring to the industry is quantifying “quality” using numbers, would be duped by folks who are hyper focussed on optimizing those same numbers at the expense of other intangible qualities?

2 Likes

ok but why is it every time something shitty happens on future, kca can be seen scuttling away lmfaoooooo

3 Likes

Would you Sir have a sample to be expertised by my person ? :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Sure, its been confirmed by Dr. El Sohly himself, but why not another.

9 Likes

Do you rather mean cannabinoid testing laboratories ?

2 Likes

And Pro Verde even if they aren’t happy about it xD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ITl_e983A8lWout8pXqFu8spWeUXoOZv/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Yes. Testing itself is not the problem. It is just a useful tool.

It’s cannabinoid testing businesses. The combination of financial incentives and opportunity to fudge results very easily is a recipe for disaster as the industry has shown.

In fact, it’s even more messy than that because, like I said before, even if a testing lab is completely on the up-and-up they can enable and inadvertently promote shady business. This is precisely because so many of us (myself included) have subconsciously internalized this idea that better numbers = better product when the reality is that is so much more complicated than that.

Like I said, in an industry segment who’s sole purpose is to simplify product into numbers, it’s not surprising at all that they’ll enable some bad folks who figure out how to optimize said numbers at the expense of all else.

3 Likes

We can’t back up claims other people make unless we are there observing what they’re doing day in day out.

Many labs consistently send us their best sample(s) and then extrapolate the results to liters and batches.

This industry has a problem with people misrepresenting material and I’ve said it time and time again, test the material upon receipt. It doesn’t matter that it came with a COA. Test it.

We haven’t been their lab of choice for quite some time, so I don’t know what they’ve been doing or selling.

If sending samples to us makes us partners then we should have made a lot more money by now. Just because somebody has a COA we generated doesn’t mean we endorse anything they do. I’ve had to wrangle in some unapproved uses of our name in marketing materials, but the rules of the challenge were laid out on this site. The whole reason it was created and called the “pegasus” challenge was because we all thought it couldn’t happen. Testing several dozen compliant d8 samples above 90% deserved to win at the time.

14 Likes

But didn’t you guys go and verify the lab and the scale up process and tested material from those batches to get the award ?

2 Likes

My Scientific Director and I walked into the facility on a Saturday, took a tour, saw all the equipment required to scale, got shown material and were given samples to test, then sat down for a discussion on the process and testing. It seems as though the major issue was not sampling the material with my own hands. We did continue to receive more compliant samples in the mail for some time and then it stopped.

2 Likes

Easy tiger if all bets are on we should all go grab a chance

1 Like

Why would someone rely on an analytical testing lab for chemical engineering (scale up verification)?

7 Likes

Send the testing labs a compliant sample, send the costumer a non compliant sample with the COA from the testing lab. Become a millionaire. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

When ur fluent in 5 languages including reading and writing 4 of them u can correct my English. Good day. But thank you I will remember to format things better! I was pissed when I wrote it…

@anon88836658

1 Like

Wasn’t that the whole point of the award ? Being scalable ?

Not just sending in a few mls but being able to replicate that at scale?

5 Likes