Average distillate yield from 2L SPD daily

So
You should pull.a better vac

9 hours is nuts

first few times i ever distilled i used a cheapo orange pump (3.2cfm) on a 500ml and 2l setup and was able to acheive suprising quality on one run, but all the others were very crummy. So it is possible, certainly not ideal

Yeah it was stupid slow, it was the cheap 500 LS head. I got the 2L anti reflux (24/40 joints) for like 200 bucks from david.
I have upgraded to a 5L and can hit 400ml/hr on first pass similar head, just a wee bit bigger (34/45 main joint)

2 Likes

Are there any suggestions for a cheap vacuum pump that will work on a 1L set up? Something between 100-300$ preferably?

Get a used Alcatel 2021i on eBay, they can be had for less than $400 and are kind of incredible for the price. If you’re doesnt perform well enough out of the box for the size you are needing, send it in to square for a rebuild (you did buy that nice warranty right​:call_me_hand::relieved:)

2 Likes

Lol I’m looking at it now like fuck lol :joy: that 40$ warranty is worth it if they don’t refurb they give you your money back that sounds pretty good I hope it’s as good as it sounds these pumps must be reliable af cause everyone keeps pointing me there so guess what yep I’m ordering it :money_mouth_face: thanks guys.i love this site everyone here is very helpful always good info

1 Like

This is the 3rd tine you asked this same question. I already replied twice with the same responce.

Please see pic below for more reference

2 Likes

All this talk about run times is getting me excited , can’t wait to start my first SPD run Iooking at the 9th of June when I should of picked enough info up of the forum to attempt it , hope it goes well haha ,

2 Likes

Ya sorry it wouldn’t let me post one of em till the next day an I agreed with you I’m ordering the Alcatel 2021 as suggested was just looking for any other opinions on here an as always thanks to everyone for all the help with all my questions I am much appreciative :grin::+1:

3 Likes

It’s pretty much the consensus on cheap usable pumps for distilling. You probably not gonna find a better option for cheaper. It’s the reason it’s recommended so often. It’s not the best option out there but your not gonna find a pump that will work better for around $300

5 Likes

Check your local college universities for surplus

Just picked one up for $399 shipped.

2 Likes