Average Distillate Potency?

We have been making distillate for just over a year now averaging about 90% total cannabinoid profile. I have been arguing with a number of other people in the industry about what kind of potency most people are pulling. Could experience distillate producers post their average potency?

1 Like

I have seen 10+ COA’s in the last two weeks. They have all been in the 85-95% range with the exception of one that was 99+. I think that one was a fake.

2 Likes

As someone whos been making distillate for almost 6 years ill let you know that if i get a result below 90% thc (from appropriate starting material) im dissppointed in myself. normal distillate will be mid-high 80s and low 90s

9 Likes

I agree. Total cannabinoids should be well in the 90s and THC at least like 85. Ideally total at 99 and THC in 90s

2 Likes

^ this

When I buy I look for minimum 85% thc

1 Like

I need up my spd game a bit. Possibly swap head to main flask later, and main to tails flask later for a higher %?

84.6% 1st spd 1st pass
89.54% 2nd spd 1st pass

1 Like

How deep of vac are you reaching

130micron at the mains
(+/-)

as a wholesale buyer how would you rate results like this?

I use a VTA and I’ll get 90%+ cannabinoids.

2 Likes

I’d buy it for edibles without seeing if the COA is from a good lab. For carts, visuals and taste would come into account. Those numbers are typical for first pass distillate. Repass for me averages 91+Thc, 93-98 total cannabs

id be very happy

I would be happy, but also assume it’s a first pass from a wiped film based on the little bit of thca thats still left over