Anyone use thread sealant instead of tape/ Krytox ts4

Does anyone use sealer instead of tape? I’m looking at Krytox ts4. I’m having a dick of a time getting some 1.5” not threads to seal and thinking of giving this ago. Right now I’m using some thicker monster tape to no avail even tho I’m using a breaker bar for leverage on the fitting…

I use this with a combination of tape on them pesky threads that wont seal after 3x attempts at it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rectorseal-73931-1-Pound-Anti-Seize-Lubricant/dp/B008A3UFL8

2 Likes

Thx. The leaks are on my shell n tubes that I just put 1/2” instrumentation fitting on. It takes a bit of effort to get them on and off my assembly so u can imagine my frustration when I go to shake it down and it still pisses! I’m going to have to order some of that.

1 Like

Yeah use this instead of that krytox stuff you posted. I watched the video and it didnt say its FDA safe. The Rectorseal is. When in question…so safe and the stuff is super cheap…Its like $20 a jar and lasts like 6 months.

So with that I suppose you would not recommend I use this megaloc stuff I found in my toolbox that says it’s nsf, and upc certified but I see no food grade or fda approvals… not having the rectorseal on hand will set me back at least two days… unless I run with the small leak…

Edit: that pound’ll last me a hell of a lot longer then 6mnths boss!

1 Like

i cant tell you what to use or not use. Im just telling you what i use on pesky shit. Im not trying to poison anyone. LOL

2 Likes