Anyone having problems with extraction equip companies?

so who has socks in stock that fit solid in 6in tubes?

I’ve mentioned them before but Knight Corporation does custom any size.

Gandalf hates me mentioning them, but az press co has em. I just made an order this week. These aren’t throw away ones. You’ll get several uses. But, I will give @GandalfTheGreen the credit, the single use is pretty handy. But I think they are also different materials and everything.

3 Likes

we need a machine that grinds and stuffs biomass into an endless biodegradible hemp mesh tube. then twists to compress slightly and cuts to length.

5 Likes

That would be awesome. Like making sausages

5 Likes

exactly!

2 Likes

Oh you can get several uses out of Knight socks, too. They’re durable enough for a couple uses, but that’s not why we do single use. Part of it is for sanitary reasons, the other part of it is that at $2.01 per sock, it is no longer worth the cost of manpower or solvent to clean the sock. But, if you want to overpay, then by all means don’t let me stop you!

Ahhhh I’m wondering if they keep them stocked and ready to ship. Blowing out tubes tends to make a bit of a mess…

They do. I order them regularly.

Though, I don’t disagree with you in any way or form @GandalfTheGreen. At that price it does make sense. But, is there a link where you can post, or does it have to be a convoluted process to get these sent for that price?And how many do you have order to get those impeccable discounts? For the novice to intermediate extractor $13 isn’t a bad deal. I personally like the sausage idea best.

@cyclopath instead of the ACE could you make an AIPWITT
Automated
It
Puts
Weed
In
The
Tube

8 Likes

I vote +1 for AIPTWITT

I’d happily supply smashy/stuffy/filly/twisty design services. I think it would actually not be too overly difficult to make something like this, all of the individual problems are fairly well-solved.

Keeping it clean and functioning efficiently would probably be the hardest part. Well, making it idiot-proof would be the hardest. Clean and working is second hardest.

2 Likes

As village idiot, failure mode analysis is absolutely in my job description :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Where do you source your material from? Having a helluva time finding bulk material from anywhere with a decent lead time.

yea its such a weird industry, lots of these big equipment providers feel more like little mom and pop shops lmao, going through this now with a supercritical fluid extractor manufacturer

To answer the original question;

This is not a new problem. Everyone selling equipment in this sector is SLAMMED. Sometimes it can take me literal hours to finish an estimate, just to have that person get similar estimates from 4 other companies. So getting quotes to people can be significantly time consuming. The best way to expedite that is to give as MUCH detail as you can about EACH item that you want. Give the exact model number, electric load, any tiny specifications that you can.

If I have a potential customer contact me saying ‘I need an extraction setup that can do 1000lbs per day’ & they want a quote… they’re never going to get it… like NEVER. Why? Because the questions I have to ask them just to figure out what the fuck they actually want is an entire job in itself. What solvent? What’s your electrical capacity? What final products are you trying to make? Does the equipment need any sort of certifications, astme, UL, etc etc etc… Not only do I have to wait for them to figure all those details out (if they knew, they would have mentioned those details in the first place), but I’m essentially helping them figure out all the questions they need to be able to answer to go to ANY OTHER parts reseller.

The guy that hits me up and tells me in DETAIL what he wants, is going to get quotes really fast.

200L Stainless Steel ASTME stamped jacketed reactor with explosion proof motor, x-fittings, x-attachments. W/100L -80c 230v 3ph Recirculating chiller.

If I hear something like that as opposed to ‘I need a reactor and a chiller, what can you get me’… Then you’re MUCH more likely to get a fast response. Spell it out for them. Give every tiny detail. Be comfortable dividing the equipment up into separate quotes. If you tell someone you want them to give you a quote for an entire lab, there’s only one company I can think of that would respond within a couple weeks with a full listed build-out… but they’re EXPENSIVE AF.

3 Likes

I am in a perpetual game of phone tag with several companies, sometimes it’s their fault sometimes its mine.

I’ve seen this in pretty much every sector of the industry. The one I really cant handle though, is how appalling many companies are with post-purchase customer service. Trying to get spare parts or a technician on the phone with many companies is a nightmare. Especially European companies, very often they dont stock many repair parts at their north American offices and have to ship things over on a per case basis.

2 Likes