Anyone have the hookup on turkeys

Just as the title says. I’m responsible for the turkey again this year and would like to get either a wild or heritage turkey for the family to cook??

I know a lot of you guys are in rural parts of this country where these might be easier to find. I figure I’d ask here and see what the community can come up with.

I don’t want a free bird. I’m 100% wanting to pay but I just wanna do something a bit different than a butterball.

What’s good peeps? I can’t be the only one that is looking for a bird.

12 Likes
2 Likes

These guys supply a bunch of awesome restaurants in New York & can get a bird to you next week or the 22nd. Turkeys are from Kansas.

The ones I purchased for a few members are pre-cooked, but this is the company out of Texas.

https://gobblegobble.com/view/home

7 Likes

Im looking into my first turkey deep fry myself. Local supply. Lots of farms and small mom & pop farmers here.

I eat turkey, and other local bird eggs too.

My neighbor has so many birds.

Pheasants, grouses, quails, chickens, and i keep forgetting my favorite: Ginuea eggs. Quail for meat.

3 Likes

As much as I’d like an easy thanksgiving, I think I gotta cook it all myself.

I didn’t enjoy the smoked turkey when smoked one 2 years ago as much as I like a baked one smothered in butter over its whole time cooking

5 Likes

We’ve got one of these:

Works great and is between a fried turkey and baked turkey. Hook up the tank and let er rip.

@Killa12345 look on marketplace and Craigslist for local farmers selling birds. They’ll taste different than store-bought.

4 Likes

I hesitated mentioning them since you had said you wanted to cook your own, but figured I’d throw it out there for anyone else since we’re a little light on turkey threads.

Those ones from Heritage are uncooked & never frozen if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna order one from that place. I’m sure it’s gotta be frozen for shipping. Lol.

1 Like

Even better! Sweet. This is gonna be a good thanksgiving

1 Like

Bob wasted on Absinthe with the totoro montage wins :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

Now that I’m in one place for more than 5 mins I can post this

1 Like