Anyone have creative thoughts on this? Roto design is now apparently for 6 inches off the floor. Anyone got a fun idea to get this into my buckets?

Dual receiving flasks both about 4-6” short of fitting a bucket. To far uphill for liquid to gravity feed. Either gotta build a stand or get creative.

Thoughts anyone?

This would probably work with the right size hose.
https://www.amazon.com/Siphon-Pump-Gasoline-Water-Diesel/dp/B07P863FQQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G724YJVW655SPNY6A6JS

1 Like

Way to slow to manually pump it

1 Like

Get a shorter wider container?
@Rowan I dont think a keg would work since it needs to essentialy gravity feed into the keg and once the liquid line is above that drop off, it wont drop anymore into the keg

Fuck glass flasks, you can fit a 2” triclamp directly to the bottom of the condenser

Plumb that shit directly to a steel keg

11 Likes

Use a hose
.i do

vacuum slurp with a carboy

I used one of these

Plumbed it to the bottom port on the keg

There is a ball valve that isolates the keg when it needs to be drained

Use positive pressure to push solvent thru the dip tube and into another keg

Pull vac on the receiving keg, open the valve.

I have been doing this for months and will never look back.

6 Likes

I know, I think I showed you that setup, but it still wouldnt work unless ur roto reciving ball is above your keg. Oh nvm, your doing it in cycles, yeah that works just fine u just gotta be there every couple hours. I like running mine over night while I sleep

Build a platform for the roto to the height you need

You would only need to pump a couple times to get the flow going then it would flow without any attention.

Remove the receiving ball. Plumb directly to the condenser

This isn’t my setup but was sent to me by someone who I informed of the triclamp hack. Mines a little different but u get the picture

12 Likes

Kegs to tall to even skip the bottom assembly won’t gravity feed into it.

Ohh I see what your saying. Hmmm will see dimensions

You can also jack that roto up a few inches

Just gonna do the kegs. Jacking it up looks so bad. Perfect solution

4 Likes

Oh my god jerry squeeze the fucking ball faster we have fucking production goals to make

You’re bringing all of us down with you

3 Likes

A pedestal will prevent you from moving the unit to clean the floor which is important.

I invented a gadget to fulfill this exact purpose. A 5-gallon bucket, some cheap glass fittings, and a special lid are all it took. It is not as cool as a steel keg with KF-25, but it also only cost about $40, not $400+. The glue is 3 layers of T-6000 and does hold vacuum.
The variable fitting is to keep the bucket from collapsing.

Here is a link to the lid.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089QJQTS/

4 Likes

Tell them to move their chiller further away from an open container of hot EtOH fume :thinking:

2 Likes