Anyone ever use this vacuum pump?

I noticed this pump set on McMaster-Carr that kind of seemed like a ridiculously good deal. You get a turbo pump, roughing pump, and gauge all in one, claims 142 cfm and max vacuum of 10^-8 Torr, for a price of only $7500.

Kind of seems to good to be true, anyone tried it?

6 Likes

Experience would tell me it’s too good to be true solely based on the price. I usually just buy parts and fittings from McMaster, but in that regard I’ve never been disappointed.

4 Likes

Mcmaster is based

I too have always had good luck with them. Albeit, i never bought an “expensive” item.

3 Likes

The power draw seems low? But it’s all about efficiency curves I suppose

There is no way 142 cfm can be displaced
At that size

3 Likes

Maybe they meant cfh

1 Like

Seems like it could still be a good option for small applications in that case.

2 Likes

Great deal for a turbo pump, the only downside is the pump will die an early death if the pumped vapor is dirty. Diffusion for the win, you just cant kill em’.

3 Likes

Ya this is definitely a turbo pump paired with a diaphragm pump and designed for high vacuum purging of atmosphere or inert gas for applicationssuch as leak detection, semiconductors, analytical instrumentation, where the environment is dry and particulate free . It is not meant for evacuating anything volatile as @Soxhlet stated.

1 Like

I’m constantly amazed at the things CrackMasterCarr adds to their catalog. They deliberately do not show the brand, cause 8/10 times you can get it cheaper elsewhere. But nobody can beat the speed of delivery they provide. They’re like Amazon, awesome return policy and practice.
On expensive items, ill order it just to see the brand, shop for best price and return it and buy elsewhere if cheaper.

6 Likes