Anyone ever beat bamboo?

I know it’s not a problem directly related to most of yall but anyone ever beat it? Without a barrier I mean…

Edit, sorry dropped my phone :flushed:

It keeps pew pewing its rizhomes all over my secret spot. Came outta no where.

The harder you fight the harder it is to fight.

I can keep it at bay, but I just want it dead.

1 Like

Ahhhhhh yes…the relentless bamboo. I’ve pondered many hours on how to effectively prevent the spewing of its rhizomes all over my secret and vulnerable spot. Oh it ALWAYS comes out a nowhere…

2 Likes

I had one large sprawling mass of bamboo go to seed, then die, this year. Other than that, nope. It goes where it wants, which is often wherever you are watering/fertilizing…

1 Like

It is written: The bamboo can never be beaten.

4 Likes

It thrives if you burn it, it grows through concrete. You need a barrier two feet deep that itll grow through eventually. Cant fucking spray it.

Maybe I got evicted for grass by grass :thinking:

1 Like

Damn I was hoping there was a ancient Chinese secret like a panda gland excretion…that’s a bummer.

2 Likes

It’s easy. Use salt. Some have used salt Peter.
Also forcing a highly alkaline soil temporarily with a free stew like a tea but no organic compounds. This will flush the bamboo out.

Also weed killer. But you’ll need to wait 9 months usually and heavily innoculate the area to break down the weed killer.

1 Like

Time to get a pet panda :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Saltpeter…so I should say fuck it and start making fireworks outta the bamboo? :grimacing:

Ahhh yes, ye olde salt the earth strategy! The Romans would have ensured much better destruction of Carthage if they had down the earth with bamboo rather than salt

3 Likes

Bamboo is like kudzu when you bring over something from China to fill in bare spots , watch out now!
You likely get more than you bargained for.
Oh and a solution is cut it all the way down then goats. Lots and lots of goats. And one male donkey.

3 Likes

well you need a farm. 2 goats 1 large 1 small .large one to knock shit down and eat. small one to eat closer. then you need 2-3 sheep. they will eat it to the ground. then 4-5 geese they
will eat the sprouts.
Lrus007

9 Likes

Great read Guy s :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

What’s the donkey for

An apartment complex brought in goats because they had a big poison ivy issue right next to one of the main sidewalks. Never knew goats could just casually eat poison ivy.

5 Likes

Yeah I was confused about the donkey too lol…

There’s some local people with goats that rent them out, and they’ll eat the shoots, but I haven’t found one solution for the runners underground that doesn’t ruin everything for everything else.

I thought if anyone had a crazy solution itd be you guys, looks like I’m bamboozled haha

2 Likes

If we’re talking punnybusiness, even if they just take care of the shoots I think goats are probably the best option ever. Perhaps you could say they are the… Greatest Of All Time.

8 Likes

Haha nice

2 Likes

Dang @stoopkid I need to get me some goats. Poison Ivy is my Achilles heel.

2 Likes

I swear I learn something new everyday.

2 Likes