Anybody make a good heated spatula for help in extraction/distillation labs?

A loose clamp caused a stainless infeed funnel to turn down with about half of a 5 gal bucket of not very warm crude still in it to come crashing to the floor at my shop today, instead of going in the reactor like I was intending it to go. Anyone within earshot heard a series of curse words that would make a sailor blush.

While on my knees cleaning this motherfucker up with a cheap dollar store spatula (that broke, cheap piece of shit) and a Milwaukee heat gun, I started wondering if anybody makes a heated spatula that would surely come in handy for anyone who keeps an extraction or distillation lab running.

Googling such a thing mostly turns up a soldering iron attachment used with vintage furniture (learn something new every day) but not something flat and warm for scraping up a mess off the floor.

Seems like something that could really benefit a number of cannabis labs. Does somebody make one? If not, does somebody want to start? I’ll be happy to be your first customer.

3 Likes

An industrial heating mat (like cart farm uses) for a known stable temp and a 1/8 or 1/4" flat iron with a sharpened edge to “scoop”. Bonus points if you cut a frying pan or something…nothing crazy, just fold it around the front of the scoop for 5 or 30 minutes maybe.

It’s midnight-toking idea material, so if it sounds too simple, it likely is…just caveating lol. Even though it goes on my permanent record, I think we can throw ideas and not worry too much if they don’t last longer than that post.

I figure the magic is in not heating the giant metal scupula too hot to ruin the fallen smokthren…

2 Likes