Anybody know how to solve hermi issues

Have some plant prone to hermi, anybody have any tips to solve this problem pls

1 Like

It is my understanding that hermi can be caused as a reaction to stress (besides genetics). So my advice would be pay close attention to your stress factors such as temp, humidity, ph (feed, water,soil). Prune the plants only during short intervals. Avoid doing anything that loads the plant with stress, try to “drip feed” the stress if you can. For instance, if you give the plants 7.0pH water, then it might be a stress factor if you suddenly feed them with 5.8pH. Rather you would want to avoid sharp spikes or dips in pH. Again, some strains or phenotypes may just be prone to hermi. Good luck!

5 Likes

Florel, ethephon. There is a tobacco version too. Not sure if its safe, but it will reverse even males.

4 Likes

I get rid of plants prone to hermi. That is one of my selection criteria.

8 Likes

Its not stress, just prone to hermi at week 5 to 6. Planned on ditching them but was hoping ppl here might have a solution

1 Like

Inferior genetics!

5 Likes

Which seed and strain would like to have some for polyploid research

Ya your probably rite.

1 Like

When I was testing beans for a breeder, he kept using a male that had hermie issues. Every fn run at week 6, bam, nanners came a knocking.

He changed up his male, and never seen a hermie again.

2 Likes

Not sure i follow

Im not working with a breeder, just a few i had that are good yielder and good quality.

I try making polyploid s. And a hermi might be useful
That’s why I asked. Where did you buy them and which strain it is

One is bowser/strawberry banana sherber. Other is queaner

1 Like

Im sure i could send you some seeds of them

1 Like

Hell yes interested if that won t get you in trouble

1 Like

Msg me info

If you are willing to work them, and make seeds, you can probably breed and select plants that are less prone to hermis, don’t hermi until harvest time, or maybe even never hermi.

1 Like

Florel!

how bad do they herm? I have a few strains in rotation at the moment that do the same thing, week 5 or 6 and they throw a few naners, sometimes I find a couple seeds here and there but I generally just end up growing those for the hell of it, had a few of them turn out really nice. Haven’t found it negatively affect anything, however I’m pretty small scale.

3 Likes

The problem with plant growth regulators for the legal market is they fall under pesticide regulations. In Maine we are pretty limited as to what we can use on plants that will be sold. You can do whatever you want to personal plants.

2 Likes