Any tools to tighten this

Anyone know of a tool to fix this type of problem?? Let me know Id appreciate it Thanks.

2 Likes

Your probably gonna need to have a hose shop cut the end off and recrimp a new jic end on.

That looks dumb dangerous

12 Likes

I can hear the sound, but can’t see the video. @sidco

4 Likes

Nope, that’s fucked

8 Likes

Okay 10-4 thanks buds.

2 Likes

I have been in the same boat for over a year now. It has been brought to attention. Some people are in the club and some are not. @sidco. I have not been able to certain videos for a long time.

2 Likes

Replace ASAP, be safe bro bro

4 Likes

I guess that puts us in the club together. Nice profile pic!

2 Likes

Have to download to watch

2 Likes

Donkey punch the every loving shit out of it and call it a day

1 Like

I totally forgot you had that avatar. I changed it to keep the confusion down. Maybe @SolventDirect should put his as Mrs. Hill.

2 Likes

Confucious say:
If you can’t fix it with a hammer…you have an electrical problem.

5 Likes

100% - no tool to tighten. Looks like some of the interior braid/tubing has a hole in it.

You might be able to take it off and weld it or something on the inside. I have a feeling that just taking it off and putting a whole new hose or doing what @Killa12345 said regarding cut and compression fitting on a new one is your better option.

new one probably safer bet - you might cut and find that the tubing inside is no longer smooth - because its been bent a lot and stuff - if that’s the case its gonna be hard to crimp one on that will not also have issues with the leak. :frowning:

Let us know what you decide - be safe - and good luck!

2 Likes

Thought you meant leaking solvent. I was like wait hang on budz

1 Like

Peggy Hill has some big shoes to fill, lol. Your new pic is even cooler!

Back on topic, safety first. No kinky hose in the lab!

4 Likes

Video codec .MOV file failing in firefox and chrome when not MP4 encoded
It’s a known problem.

2 Likes

You should throw them braided JIC hoses away and step your game up to some compression stainless tubing.

I can help you with that, and you’ll never see them leaks again.

11 Likes

Ironically my jic never leak but I’m on my third set of swagelok compression fittings and stainless tubing on the bottom of my x40 columns.

5 Likes

Solid assessment

4 Likes

Are you over tightening your nut? Only way it could do that or faulty installation in the first place.

You can get the measurement tool to install properly. Always mark when it’s installed. If you need to do an adjustment on your rig or breakdown, remember to never use the measurement tool. You go by your markings…. Do the 1 1/4 Turns to original install, then you go 1/4 turn more than that measurement.

Over tightening is the only thing that will make Swagelok to fail. Or debris at initial install.

I’ve had JIC’s do this in past. Nothing new, just get the hose from a trusted source that do good hose crimping.

5 Likes