Any one used this cold trap

has anyone used or know anything about this cold trap ``

ive seen this before somewhere but cant remember the company name.
got a link? so we can see specs

upon first impression, looking at that pic, i think it would be a pain to clean, might be good for 2nd passes, after majority of the volatiles have been removed. need more info on the unit.

edit: the unit looks tiny (which is cool), doubt its a compressor based chiller, wonder if its thermoelectric Peltier based system??

IT was on eBay iT didnt really have Any info

personally i wouldnt risk my pumps on that thing, looks like the vapor path is just a machined serpentine patterned groove through that block of metal, i bet you theres an air cooled peltier on the back (as evidenced by the vent holes on the side of the enclosure) of that chunk of metal. from that picture it doesnt look like it has a way to drain condensate so its definitely going to end up in your pump. I would not use.

1 Like

YO @Scientific710 They need assistance on your product. Hes is a member here and can answer all your questions. i really want to see this is person too.

2 Likes

https://www.scientific710.com/product-page/cf-1000-terpene-cold-trap

looks aweeesome

Thats the bigger one. the op posted up the smaller one. Same idea though…I see they dont sell the smaller one anymore

1 Like

I edited and fixed the title
Cols to cold

1 Like

Bogus. Doesn’t handle heat loads. Really basic like for shot glass reactions.

3 Likes

You are better off with a glass trap and immersion probe. Much colder and more surface area. Also vapor pushes heavier molecules at they climb up it becomes harder and harder making traditional traps very useful

3 Likes

i thought these were to capture terps off a vacuum oven? not off a spd

Sure. Small spaces where no heat load is coming in

3 Likes

At that size it has to be. Semiconductor cooling is awesome for small-scale applications (since I last encountered it), but I wonder about throughput capacity.

1 Like

To capture the terps boiling off a slab in a 0.9cu.ft vac oven…

2 Likes

They were originally for vac ovens to catch terps. The larger model use to come with a lil pipette to get the terps. Saw a bunch in action and no real sized anything came out of it

1 Like

This model was discontinued years ago and is no longer available.

1 Like

I think thir is a couple on eBay