Any good labs in Tahoe?

Helllo everyone
I’m out chasing snow and will be in Tahoe for the monster storm I was hoping one of you might have some testing equipment/analytical lab in the area as I’ve got some samples of hemp crude I’d like to get tested and chat about the analytical side of things.

Also if anyone is down to ski tour/split board I’ll be shredding the area through the weekend and possibly into the beginning of the week!

Happy powder days :skier:

3 Likes

I’m not sure were Tahoe you are, but if you can make the trip out to Sparks, NV (depending on where you are in Tahoe, could be as close as a 30min drive) we have a great lab out here 374 Labs

I’ve been using them for a while. I know all the guys who run it really well and I’ve personally vetted all their methods for testing. So I always try to refer people to them.

There were only two local labs in Northern Nevada until like a week ago when one of them got shut down for falsifying results. Now it’s just 374 Labs and they have EVERY account up here, so they’re obviously swamped. But they’ve been pretty good about maintaining a 3-4 day turnaround time (typically 2-3 days).

Hope this helps!

@outlander would be a great snowboarding partner if he’s down

3 Likes

@anon6488101 @outlander we finally are leaving wisco with our full lab destined for NV and would be delighted to have your help in in setting up our analytical- I have two SRI 8610c GC units and we will have an Agilent 1100 to use as well- I know you are the analysis geniuses of Nevada- you’re saying that there is a high demand for analysis services?

Cuz I rly want an NMR.

2 Likes

lol I’d love to help!!

Thanks for the invite. When will you guys be in town?

Hey I’ve used a SRI GC for about 5 years outside of the cannabis space, and 2 years within it. It really doesn’t quantitate cannabinoids well (if that is what you’re using it for). I swapped the column out to be used for RSA (what the instrument is great at).

If you’re just using the SRI for qualitative analysis than it’ll work great, but I had significant inconsistencies when I used it for quantitative potency analysis.

Perfect! I’ll be rolling through from the East this evening. Are drop offs possible with 374? I just hope I’ll make it over the pass!

1 Like

You can definitely drop off! Just ring the bell and someone will come to receive your sample. If you can’t get in, give me a call I’ll DM you my cell

I second this

Gave someone a d10 sample to check to see if my cbn sample was finished reacting.

For some reason the GC said it was trans delta 8 or some shit

Never had that happen on an HPLC

Will they perform R&D for a CA resident. Medical Distillate cartridge as the sample .

1 Like

As far as I know, if you drop it off, it’s fair game. I would call them and ask before you make the drive. Ask for Jason, he’s the man.