Any experts of fungus among us?

Could someone be kind enough to explain the difference between the different mushrooms? I understand cannabis strains. Growing particulars of each strain and effects, different or not. That’s what I would like to know.
Going for an ethanol extraction final product.
Any help?
Cheers

https://ralphstersspores.com/

@MillerliteRN is the first person that comes to mind
You can also check out the Shroomery, it’s pretty good resource for those with mushy intentions!
Shroomery Message Board

4 Likes

Beginner friendly: B+, Golden Teacher, Burma.

Penis Envy and liberty caps are much more potent. Beware.

4 Likes

Different types of psilocybin containing mushrooms will have varying concentrations of psilocin, psilocybin, baeocystin, and other related tryptamines.

This means that eating different mushrooms undoubtedly have different effects. Hard to say though because for the most part your trip is determined by your reaction to your environment. The trips are already so different from one another even if your shrooms are from the same batch, I doubt I’d be able to tell the difference if ate a mushroom that contained more baocystin than psilocin/cybin.

I’ve read that baeocystin gives you real bad anxiety, but never read too much into it because I’ve got cubensis and they work just fine.

11 Likes

secondary alkaloids can give varying effects. only in STRONG doses tho 7-10g range to feel differences between strains. strains are widely aesthetic and performance based. A lot of the time its marketing if youre buying multi spore syringes.

If you want to advance the market HPLC different strains.

that would give you an idea of which strains to breed monokarioticaly for max potency …
you can do this with any medicinal mushroom too. lions mane/ reishi / cordyceps

DMs open for consultation offers, investors ahem… smh

8 Likes

That’s actually not true, the tryptamine compound “aeruginascin” is active at similar doses and in some species more of it is produced in the fruits than psilocybin or psilocin.

I can link a few studies on that suggest it’s a much calmer experience than mushrooms that produce mostly psilocin/psilocybin.

Would be a much better candidate for clinical trials for depression.

3 Likes

yes, please. I’m specifically speaking to cubes strains btw as I thought that’s what main question of post was directed at.

first time I’ve heard of aeruginascin. knew about baeo and norbaeo. also recently read something about growing in tryptamine rich substrates lends to variating contents of alkaloids, has to do with how the mushrooms add that HO group I think.

7-10g thing is anecdotal from shroomery there’s a growing group who SWEAR that some give more visuals/less body. which makes some sense if you’re looking at the concentratioms of baeo an norbaeo in dried material.

if aeruginascin is produced equally or more so than psilcin/psilocybin it wouldn’t be a secondary alkaloid. which species is it found in these concentrations at?

regardless. point still stands: variating contents, secondary alkaloids, etc. a cube is not just a cube. obviously a pan or a tamp isn’t a cube either. different shrooms different trip.

4 Likes

If you’re offering consults for this business then it wouldn’t be a bad idea familiarize yourself with this compound.

Its not new by any means, just lesser known. It’s been known to occur in mushrooms not in the psilocybe genus, but is known to occur in many different types and strains of psilocybe genus mushrooms as well.

It’s not as well known but apparently it’s much more tolerable for people who dont do well with hallucinogens.

“There was a correlation between the content of psilocybin, baeocystin and aeruginascin. Aeruginascin seems to modify the pharmacological action of psilocybin to give an always euphoric mood during ingestion of the mushrooms.”

https://doi.org/10.1002/dta.2950

3 Likes

only identified within cubensis in October. cool. the abstract doesn’t say anything about concentrations tho had to go to libgen. extremely negligible concentration unfortunately. might be able to find a land race or breed a cube strain with more but your avg isn’t gonna be a reliable source for it at any dose. I’m sure it’ll be synthesized for a therapeutic setting

2 Likes

honey pot? shroomery dot orgm horse shit works best…

I thought huautla was on that list too because of how aggressive it colonizes. I also heard about something called the Z Strain and I hear it’s aggressive as well and colonizes pretty rapidly but I wouldn’t know where to get that.

Penis Envys sent me to the moon quite a few time in my life.

Second Edit : Basically any Cubensis is easy to grow because they can be grown using PF Tek or an aio spawn bag.

Idk the difference in those “beginner strains” I guess maybe the versatility in how it defends against contams and the reduction of the ability to get contamed… I never really thought of the exact difference or looked into it I’m just guessing that there has to be something different about those strains if they’re “, known for beginners”

1 Like

It definitely varies btw strains. That b word shit tears my stomach up bad and put me into bad fear

2 Likes

I agree. I couldn’t find the article I was talking about, what I am able to find appears to be only anecdotal.
-And about an inocybe species not psilocybe.

6 Likes

I’ve destroyed god knows how much fungus seeking the ellusive crystals of the gods.

My opinion… The whole strain thing is BS and set, setting and random chance outweigh all else.

Did I ever tell you about the time I had ego death on a gram of cubensis… Shit you not.

1 Like

Golden Teachers seem to be the standard for potency.
Melmac and Penis Envy seem to be the most potent. Will poat some test results

1 Like

One reason I don’t like shrooms sometimes I get badass clidescope visuals most time I do not

Dmt for the visual win…it’s the true crystals of the gods

It’s strain specific, mind fvck vs visual. I had an Indian strain long ago supposedly collected from elephant poop, giant fruit but no visuals, all mind.

1 Like

I wanna try panelous cyan. I hear they are all visual

I didn’t realize you could soak ur vibes in lemon juice before eating and turn all the psilocybin into psilocyin
If that really works that should up the visuals ten fold

Melmac (and it’s phenos like 118 and tp) is just a stabilized pe from edible earth fungi. Swpe is an older version then there’s the halwkeye which is older than swpe.

If talking about cubes then they all have the same potential for potency no matter the variety.
There’s not enough data on just how much the minor compounds can vary between varieties of cubes to say 100% but what is known is that unless it’s an isolated culture it will vary greatly.

Some are more likely to have higher concentrations but they also have the chance to isolate bad genetics and be bunk/low potency.

Slower growing fruits tend to be more potent but nothing 100% guaranteed.
Some have been stabilized to grow with a certain look (bumpy stipe of penis envly/melmac, wavy caps of ksss squats and tat, albinos like averey’s and yeti, darkened caps like el Choco and starry night) but they can revert back to a typical cubensis losing some traits usually due to stress.

Classic cubes are classic cubes they tend to be similar in potency

1 Like