Am I wasting my time?

Am I wasting my time with my current SOP? I just read all day on here and bucket tek solved my temperature issues. Im so stupid to never think of mixing etoh and dry ice…moving on, I was doing qwet with just normal freezer use prior to extraction (too warm) so I went to bho for its non-polar properties and then winterized in etoh ar 1:10.

Is this a waste of time?

Adding dry ice directly to ethanol forms carbonic acid which will cause issues for you or so I have heard- I am chilling isopropyl down to sludge coldness levels in a very well insulated barrel and immersing a stock pot filled with etoh in it- soak 75 mic bags for 40 mins and panda spin - then everything goes thru a 1 micron sock and then through celite.

3 Likes

Winterizing in etho can be done iT s yust harder to get all the etho out of your oil and you loose a lot of terps when distilling of your etho

1 Like

I have 2 spd with lab results that differ. I always use di directly in my etoh washes.

No issues here.

Maybe the food grade that I use differs.

Do you have any tests from material extracted without dry ice directly in the ethanol? You might still be getting some isomers, it just might be little enough it doesn’t really matter. Can’t really tell for sure unless you do the same process without the dry ice inside and compare the results.

Also the starting material would all have to be the same to make a real determination, and thats a whole other headache lol

I only have the lab results from both distillate runs

1 Like