Algae centrifuge

Got an email from these guys about their fuges. I don’t think the fuge comes with install or training services.

—————————————

High Volume Cannabis/Hemp Processing

It brings a smile to my face to hear about record levels of cannabis being grown in the US this year. Between hemp and CBD blowing up, there is a high demand for hemp processing machinery.

Cold Ethanol is proving to offer full spectrum and high quality extracts at high volumes. And, centrifuges are becoming the go-to-tool for processing with ethanol. Centrifuges are traditionally useful for separating liquids from solids. With cannabis, centrifuges will separate the plant matter from the essential oils(terps and cannabinoids).

Centrifuges are used to wash the oil from cannabis. They can also be used for recovering the precious ethanol and oil from the cannabis after washing.

They work like big washing machines with special upgrades like fast motors and stronger seals.

The centrifuges spin and create g force, extracting the liquid ethanol from the solid cannabis. The cannabis remains in a mesh bag, while the liquid is forced out.

There are two models of cannabis extraction centrifuges available on the market. The first listed below is for washing and drying. You can fill it up with ethanol and cannabis packed in a bag, then spin it both directions and drain, then spin again to dry.

The second centrifuge is about half the price and is a dry only centrifuge, for operations that already have an extraction process and just want to recover more precious ethanol from the spent material. Please see more details below and simply reply or call if you have questions or want us to begin manufacture for you.

Thanks and wishing for your success this year,

Jason Jelonek
CEO of Algae Centrifuge
916-550-9541
Sacramento, CA

Wash and Dry Centrifuge

Our upgraded wash and dry ethanol cannabis extraction centrifuge now comes with a larger bowl along with the coolant jacket, explosion proof motor and touch screen display.

• Coolant Jacket
  • Explosion Proof Motor and Controls
  • Touch Screen Drive
  • Upgraded Seals for Cold Ethanol
  • 20 Minute Batch Times
  • Models hold 15,30,150 and 200 lbs per batch.

Ethanol Recovery Centrifuge

These centrifuges will spin washed cannabis dry, recovering ethanol and oil that is locked up in the cannabis. They have been upgraded with explosion proof motors and easy fill bags.

• Explosion Proof Motor
  • Save copious amounts of ethanol.
  • Batch Processing
  • Stainless Steel Components
  • Affordable

Download Brochure

Copyright © 2019 Oil Pumps, Centrifuges and Presses, All rights reserved.

3 Likes

I talked with this guy on the phone for some time and he does have a pretty decent system if you absolutely need someone else to get an XP rated motor on a Chinese centrifuge

He offers a good 2yr warranty and ships from stateside, yeah they’re peony centrifuges but he’s not gouging you nearly as hard as some companies

3 Likes

Do you need someone to train you to spin a repurposed commercial washing machine? Sorry :neutral_face:

4 Likes

If it was was spinning water I would say no.

There are additional safety issues when dealing with flammable liquids and high voltage.

If I had one, I wouldn’t let my employees use it unless they were trained in its use, even if it was internal training.

2 Likes

I don’t let employees do anything but sweep the floors sans training, if they can’t do that without an SOP theres no hope.

6 Likes

Are all these companies just re-selling certified Peony centrifuges?
Looks exactly like their BB series. The first pic I swear(but I could be wrong) is the BB-15.

1 Like

The value can also be added by developing a specific application for the product designed for the customer’s needs which is then resold as a new package.

1 Like

yes but algae centrifuge gets them outfitted with XP motors and makes sure theyre good to go and offers a 2 year warranty stateside- its absolutely worth it.

investors wanna know that if something breaks it isnt a two week wait from china to get operations rolling again.

3 Likes

Ahh
Well that actually makes pretty good sense.

Getting parts from China is indeed sometimes a nightmare…

2 Likes

This is definitely on my near term equipment list.

Has anyone actually pulled the trigger on one of these units and used it consistently? Wondering what people’s experience has been using them (if they’re reliable, ect.). Thanks in advanced.

There are two styles shown.
Which one are you asking about?

How did you plan to use it?

Reliability usually correlates with price. If the units have been retrofitted in the US, they will generally cost more and work longer. You also have someone you can get support from.

Are they safe? That really depends on your operator and how you respond to maintenance.

If you ignore minor leaks, your bearings will go, at which point you might start a fire or throw the rotor. New noises should be investigated and diagnosed before continuing to run. I’ve seen a Bock beaten to death in under 6 months, when it takes army grunts 20 years! And the aftermath of overloading and/or unbalance in a CUP30 and CUP15. If you’re not at least a little scared of these things, you might want take a college physics class. There is a LOT of energy in those 300+lb rotors once you get them up to speed.

3 Likes

I have one. They are great for spinning out the ethanol after a soak, but will lock up if you soak -30 ethanol in the machine.

There are two styles shown…

If you actually tried soaking in it, I assume you’ve used the “wash & dry” rather than the “ethanol recovery”. Is that correct?

Yes that is correct

I plan to use it for extraction, both soaking and spinning. My bad, I meant the flood-able version if we’re being specific, but mostly I’m just looking to hear about people’s experience with this company’s equipment and customer service in general.

I’m assuming your saying that these units are reasonably reliable, provided you have an skilled operator, as they are retrofitted in the US and they do have state side support. Is that correct?

And I’ve actually got three terms of calculus based physics and pchem under my belt. In addition to that, I’ve worked in the industry for a few years now and have worked with quite a few different centrifuges. I’m definitely well aware of the dangers involved with this process. I’m just working on a new project with its own budget and unique set of hoops to jump through, so I’m shopping around to evaluate some of the options I don’t have first hand experience with.

1 Like

Thank you, that is helpful info!

1 Like

Anyone have a 30-50lb unit ready to ship? Looking to purchase ASAP.