Adding terps to shatter post jarring

So I have some shatter that I want to add terps to. It’s med strength at 84% thc and ther terps are weak. Can I just add .1ml of Maui wowie true terps to shatter and close the jar let it ride? Or will it not fuse I’ve done about 5g added .5ml and they are diluting is that good enough or should I Vac it again?

Oooooof

9 Likes

Maybe cannabis derived terpenes will be good… but btd… hell man you might as well just decarb it and make edibles if you are that concerned with the flavor

3 Likes

But… But… Maui Wowie…

10 Likes

There are not many extracts over 7% terps

1 Like

Nonsense!

the highest you can get in a THCA based “shatter” would be 87% THC? (At 100%thca!!)

Best I’ve hit with 3rd party testing I trust was 92% THCA which after accounting for the CO2 is only 80% THC…

4 Likes

Actually, this is not correct. We regularly test THCA diamonds, which clock at anywhere from 97% THCA to 99.9% (87%THC) using our HPLC. We also regularly test shatter which is usually between 78% to 82% THC. More here if interested to learn more about these numbers: Cannabis Potency THC Strain Transparency Project - CTInstruments

Strain Transparency Project

3 Likes

I just wanna terp this shatter lol so am I wasting terps or will they all become friends

Adding botanical terps is borderline dangerous. It can be done if you have to

3 Likes

I didn’t choose the terps the cheap fucker who made this shit did I just wanna get a better flavor and don’t want to waste my true terpenes or the real steamed terps I got as that shit was money

Wait what? Why do you think so? So adding botanical true terpenes to shatter made from distillate in a vaccum oven is dangerous?

Not dangerous as in you’ll blow up. Dangerous as in I’ve seen profiles get worse not better If you don’t try small test first

1 Like

Bro shitttttt lol I was freaking out I poisoned myself I’ve been fucking around I’ve smoked like 2g this weeks that I terped up

That’s like an oxymoron, or something. You can’t complain about “the cheap fucker”, and then later admit (in the same sentence) that you’re a cheap fuck that doesn’t want “waste” your trash ass true terps, or use a better steam distilled product… That’s like a double negative, and it’s not making a positive….
Use the BETTER stuff, and make a better fucking product… With the attitude you have I’d only buy your products once, bet that…

5 Likes

Sir these aren’t for sale they’re my shatter lol if this was my product it would have steam distilled terps and be better shatter like my line of products are. I didn’t know True Terpenes were trash. But your holiness has opened my eyes maybe I won’t terp up this shatter but when 100 grams was given to me by a buddy why wouldn’t I want to know from people with better knowledge you know, why people ask questions if I can improve this free shit with my 1 dollar terps. The way you talk makes you sound like a double bag who would talk shit about any product in front of you. @Capttripppp

No Sir, absolutely not the case. I’m some dude ssdi Homie. I get by with what I can get by with, but I’m always attempting to use the best, because I want the best (I can afford). Terp up your shatter, do whatever… It’s all you Bro
Understand that I’m generally thankful for MOST EVERY product I have in front of me, because it’s often a treat. So, I in essence, emulated what I thought your end product to be, and yeah, I’d be disappointed if I got mowie wowie, over some nice steam distilled terps.
BUT I wouldn’t know about the steam distilled terps because I’d have the lower quality stuff.

Sorry you seem to think I’m a “double bag”. I try hard to not be taken that way, and I apologize that you took what I said with a larger grain of salt that necessary. I’m no one, AND nothing… I’ve come to grips with that long ago. Sorry you seem to think I’m someone worthy enough of getting offended over. Didn’t mean it that way! Smoke a bowl… I’m going to…
Edit: and search True Terps on the forum, make your own decision…

2 Likes

Will do and my bad I allowed your message to change my mood I shall smoke a bowl and appreciate the feedback. If this shatter wasn’t about to be given away essentially I would use distilled terps. Best believe the shatter I have lined up will totally be getting the distilled terps but at 30 an ML I didn’t want to waste em my boys will also get to try the good shit but they are fiends as in dabbing all day adding to blunts, not like I expected you to know my background they’re wasteful but still my homies.

1 Like

Let’s create an understanding at this point: Distillate does not make shatter… Distillate, is distillate. Shatter is a high THCA extract. Not THC dominant distillate… Make some carts, and sell it as distillate. Make syringes, and sell it as distillate. Edibles? But please don’t advertise 1 thing as another.
Again, not trying to be a dick, but specifics can mean the difference between getting the proper assistance that you are looking for. :beers:
I hear you! Your friends need to grow! Just kidding, and you’re right I know nothing about anything you got going on!

4 Likes

Enlightened me on distillate being vacuumed to shatterable consistency not being shatter lol so fuckery is all around us

My guys would grow and harvest whisps they don’t have the patience

1 Like

Could not have said it better myself! There’s an ad of a slanger selling d8 “shatter”, but it’s really just D8 in slab form. The only reason I care to mention the specifics like that is because the affects/effects are different from shatter to disty. But that’s from person to person I guess.
Eh, fuck it…

2 Likes