Across international clone. Anyone tried?

Has anyone tried these pumps? They look exactly like the across international version. I’m 90% sure these are the one best value vacs gets. Anyway, just wondering if they are worth the money or if I should just suck it up and spend the extra $1000 on Ai.

(First pic is the Chinese version)

2 Likes

They are both Chinese. I’d rather buy a used quality pump on ebay

3 Likes

I was wondering that. I have been searching and low trying to find out where across international pumps are made

What would you consider “quality” I’m looking for a pump for a 2L short path

1 Like

Theres a few alcatel 2021i on ebay, as well as a few trivac. All for 400 or less

4 Likes

You can get that pump for 800 off alibaba

Yes that’s where I found it. After shipping it comes to $1400. I can’t decide if I should risk it or not tho

Candadian Dollars

Dont buy! Listen to your peers.

4 Likes

Why so fixated on across international unit?

You can get a used Edwards or an Alcatel for 300 on ebay. I’d say it’s more risky buying some crap pump off Alibaba than it is to buy and rebuild an Edward’s pump.

5 Likes

The across international we have been using has just kept going and going. The only reason for buying a new pump is to buy a better pump. I’m not incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to the pumps yet. I am very open to other opinions and proper guidance.

1 Like

These pumps are not suitable for spd, they will for but not very efficient. Ive used them to pull heads and terps and the fraction died, swapped to edwards and pulled a insane amount out after the fraction had ended with the a.i pump

2 Likes

For my 2L I use a Welch 1400 and it works well. It’s not the fastest, but my potency is ~95%tac, ~90%thc and most time is just set and forget. I picked it up from Avac for $1300ish. It was a rebuilt pump but comes with a year warranty.

How slow is slow?

I heard those pumps run forever, which would be nice.

100 to 150 ml/hr which is adequate for a 2L imo. Idk what the rates people are getting now, but seeing some people like summit claim several liters per hour make me think it’s slow. I like it, it’s a solid build and I’ll likely have it forever as it will run forever. Only issue I have with it is sometimes it needs a little force on the drive wheel to get it going. I’m not sure if it’s because 120v isn’t as powerful, but sometimes it can’t get past that first revolution on its own. It doesn’t always need help. But once it gets going, it stays going.

1 Like

I agree i buy almost all my pumps of ebay then have them rebuilt, saves some money and if your pump guy is good then your set.

1 Like

There only .9 cfm so depending on size of system, nothing bigger tban a 2l at most and its still bery slow and has a very small oil reservoir so a roughing pump and constant oil changes are a must

Continuing the discussion from Across international clone. Anyone tried?:

So what would be your choice between an Edwards or a Welch?

Just scored myself a nice D30 for 100 bucks. shes a big ol 200lb girl with 2hp, kf40 flanges and single phase power! Now i need to get my custom 250ML 45/50 big bore setup completed with 45/50 to KF40 PTFE flange adapter lol.

4 Likes