Acetone crystallization of THC-A

Ooof, hard to argue with people so sure of their ignorance.

Crazy to hear they were having so much trouble clearing 5000. Deeper vac!

1 Like

1000 ppm for ethanol is completely reasonable. Anyone properly drying their extracts can clear this. 500 ppmā€¦that could get tough, but do-able. If you are above 5000 ppm, go home and try again.

Whatā€™s the limit for live resin Sauce in yā€™allā€™s statesā€¦

Thatā€™s question for everyone that applies to

What do you mean by limit? Purchase limit?

Or solvent ppm?

http://agrisciencelabs.com/tests/rsa/

Hereā€™s Colorado residual solvent limits.

1 Like

The residual solvent limit is solvent dependent not product dependent.
Although some states (legitimately) have stricter limits if youā€™re huffing it rather than eating it or rubbing on your skin.

5000ppm for ā€œButanesā€ and ā€œPropaneā€ in OR.
Link already providedā€¦

1 Like

Omgā€¦ OR is pretty lax with the residuals.

1 Like

Was talking about solvent in it so you can smoke

Ah, yeh check the link.

1 Like

(Amount of crystals in each dram does NOT show loss) Far left is from my first batch of crystals. i took a small amount and recrystallized them, which is in the middle dram, and the last one is after a pentane wash.
Thank you everyone for your valuable information.

10 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

These little ones have been forming for quite some time now. I disolved about 7g of lowerend hash oil into 70g of acetone, thinking the proper ratio was similar to ethanol, and winterized. After vacuum filtering the frozen solution in a chilled filter and removing the acetone to the point of creating a sludgey solutio I capped and allowed to sit at room temp. After burping for a few days to get to regulate the amount of solvent left in solution the crystals started to form. After 2 weeks of being left at room temp the solution stalled and burping didnt make a difference for a solid week so the jar was thrown into a 90Ā° oven for a week and the development started bacj up without the need to burp the jar. Burping the jar seems to help the reaction a bit but it isnā€™t doing much as of now. Iā€™m doing a larger batch with hplc grade acetone once I get the right reaction speed and will try again with a different batch of oil as Iā€™m curious as to how much of the THC activated while the oil was sitting after being made. Any input is greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

I have successfully growing all of my crystals in acetone. I donā€™t cap the jar. I place mesh over the jar and tighten it down with the cap ring that comes with the jar. I store this in a cabinet. The ambient temperature varies between 60-90 degrees depending on the day but I have not seen a difference in my crystal growth due to temperature fluctuations.

7 Likes

Iā€™d be willing to send your sample/s out for testing.

2 Likes

Ok how much is residual solvent test, do you have any idea? Iā€™m not really concerned on thc amounts, bc itā€™s sugar sauce I know itā€™s gotta be high, and I dewax as much as possibleā€¦

I almost feel like someone could follow the recipe SOP and I pay for the test, wouldnā€™t it give the same idea, bc the sugar size is consistent every timeā€¦ But Iā€™ll do which ever way easiest for you

For the people washing with acetone; what are you using to wash the flower and do the initial recovery of solvent + cannabinoids? I heard ā€œPandasā€ arenā€™t safe to use with acetone as the paint flakes off. So is everyone using centrifuges?

I use ethanol and then introduce the acetone after rotovapping. That way acetone doesnā€™t mess up any of my equipment and I can still take advantage of its properties.

1 Like