Accidental pollination experiment

So I pulled a rookie move and brought a bunch of new untested strains into my indoor room. One strain had 2 of 3 throw some nanners. Caught it fairly quick but it was tucked back in and the bastard he/she did a little pollinating. The weird thing is there are not many seeds in all of the plants except the 3rd of that same strain (blueberry from bc bud). That 3rd plant was also not even next to the 2 hermies, it had 2 plants in between. The plants in between and all sides of the hermies were not affected any where near the amount of that 3rd blueberry that was farther away. I’m talking 50x as many seeds. I’m thinking it must be somehow easier to pollinate like stains? I’ve never heard or experienced anything like this. Anyone have any thoughts?

I also thought of the possibility that plant is also a Hermie and I just haven’t spotted it. I probably should have just pulled it but it was a beautiful looking plant and I’ve kept a very close eye on it and haven’t spotted any nanners. Also I would think it would have pollinated the rest of the room much more being in there that long.

If its male pollen you should be good with no hermies (as long as male genetics are spunds and dont throw nanners).

If it’s a herm that pollinated your grow, I wouldnt waste any time popping seeds and hoping for no hermies.

2 Likes

Yeah I stated that a little confusing. It wasn’t a male. It was a hermie. I never pop hermie seeds indoors

“Throwin nanners” is the coolest term ive heard in a while

2 Likes

I had a herm go unnoticed. Strawberries n cream pollinated all my gg4. I was (newb) excited thinking I had the holy grail, strawberry glue. I popped 60 or so seeds. Every FN one of them hermied at week 2.5. Waste of any time 100%.

In my garden, week 2.6 or week 6 if its gonna herm, it does it then. I can sex a plant in 8 to 9 days

2 Likes

Hemp varieties can vary a lot in regard to the ease with which they accept pollination, I’ve found.

2 Likes

Hermies are a problem when mainly genetic. I have caused some mad stress in my time with zero hermies from personal error. When combated with bad genetics it seems to just pour out. Keep her clothes clean and her body will remain the same.