A little help with pod filling

Hi guys,
I’m new to making cartridges. I’m trying to fill pod style cartridges. I mixed my terpene package at 10% then at 7% to do some testers. The one at 10% seemed overly terpy and kinda left a slight burn in the throat. The 7% seemed better but once it cooled down it didnt seem viscous enough, it bearly moved around the pod. It was also very difficult to dispense with the fill gun. I turned the heat up to like 95f but was still rather difficult to pull the trigger on the fill gun. Any suggestions? Should I be adding some kinda dilutent in a small amount or is there some kinda other trick I’m missing? I was told to let the terpene distillate mixture sit for a few hours after it was made to let the terpenes dissolve the oil. I didnt really do that, should I have? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

I’m not an expert, although from my experience you may want to heat to a higher Temp…

Magnetic stir seems to do the trick

Happy Cart Filling…

you don’t really want to let the pod mixture sit out as this increases your susceptibility to oxidation.
i usually homogenize slightly warmed distillate (i use a heat gun so i don’t know exact temps) with an overhead mixer after reintroducing the terps. 7% is a pretty quality amount.

If you are having a hard time dispensing maybe part of your gun is not being warmed properly? but your carts shouldn’t be viscous when they are cooled

4 Likes

terpene composition also plays a heavy role in throatiness of a mix - higher grade terps don’t seem to generate as much throat discomfort. I mix at a much higher level than 7% on some of our brands and i don’t get complaints about burning throat unless someone asks to use very low grade or very sweet terpenes.

hope it helps

1 Like