A complete Guide from Harvest to Dab

Hi guys,
this is my first try at an english article so if you find any language mistakes or other mistakes pls tell me.
So now that we got that out of the way, I’m proud to present to you my first complete guide to solventless hash making. I tried to make it wortwhile read for everyone from beginner to commercial hash maker. Hope you have fun with it :smiley:

26 Likes

good read.The English is good also

Well done! English is a terrible language, and you have navigated rather well for your first time!

There are some things you may want to look over, as there are a number of formatting errors (things like breaks between paragraphs that are missing and the first set of quotation marks appearing more like a double comma). There are also capitalization issues (words that are arbitrarily capitalized that shouldn’t be and incongruity in selecting when those words are capitalized). There are many words that you have chosen to capitalize that should not be capitalized.

The other main issue I found was with the use (or lack thereof) of commas. You are fond of sentences which utilize an introductory clause, which require a comma to separate it from the rest of the sentence.

Oh, and in the first paragraph, Cannabisflower should not be one word, and the word “cannabis” does not require capitalization. “Oilheads” is also not a word (two words). Trichome heads is what I believe you mean, though, as the good stuff everyone wants is in the trichome heads. The extract of cannabis is not an oil; it is an oleoresin. There are a few terminology issues that follow this same pattern dispersed through the article.

Please do not take my comments as to say you have done poorly. In fact, the opposite is true. I just happen to be fond of editing and am responding to your request.

Vielen Dank für Ihre harte Arbeit. Sie haben bereits fast 1000 Personen Ihren Artikel teilen lassen! Darauf kann man definitiv stolz sein! Gerne helfe ich Ihnen weiter, von Ihnen möchten.

16 Likes

Such awesome feedback man, thank you for really taking the time! :smiley: Will get right to reediting :smiley:

5 Likes

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. I’m happy to help.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, I have a question regarding captalization. As we captalize nouns in german I have quite a lot of mistakes there and wanted to ask if special terms like Drysifting are also capitalized? Bc countries etc are also capitalized in english or do I confuse there two to be similar and they are not?

1 Like

That’s a really good question. In English, the first word in the sentence and all proper nouns (a specific person, place, or thing) warrant capitalization. “Drysifting” is actually two words, and the only time it would require capitalization would be if the word (dry) ended up as the first word in the sentence. In the case of these particular words, dry is an adverb and sifting is a verb. If it were the name of a company or a trademarked/patented process, then the combo becomes a proper noun and would be capitalized all the time.

That being said, this rule changes when concerning a title or section header. In these two, one would capitalize every word except for prepositions and conjunctions shorter than 5 letters (which is most all of them). If “dry sifting” appears in a title or section header, then it does require capitalization.

Confused yet? Haha. It’s making my brain hurt a bit. Thinking of grammatical rules while lying in bed stil is not part of my usual routine. Maybe coffee would help. Haha.

Keep the questions coming! I’m also happy to proofread your revised article before it is reposted, if you would like. Happy to send you my email and continue the conversation there.

3 Likes

I enjoy making cbd bubble hash, but I was told by my local lab that the product usually fails a test for mold, thus limiting its commercial potential. Have you had yours tested? If so, what type of test and how did it do?

2 Likes

Man you’re such a good dude, thank you very much.
Will do, now the new capitalized article should be online, but commata always were a problem of mine. So there will probably be a lot of mistakes still haha

1 Like

If you use super clean indoor CBD product or well managed GH material I think it will be possible to get through such tests, but outdoor material will be contaminated as mold spores are always in the outside air, be it from the forest or just simple soil biology.
I would try to make it into rosin for a testbatch and see if that removes it, but I doubt it. It will probably be the best to blast/alc wash it for commercial CBD extracts, but there are a lot more knowledgable guys than me in that regard :smiley:

1 Like

Nice username bro, most of my family came from Regensburg!

2 Likes

Very insightful article, english is a miserable language but you did great.

2 Likes

Killed it friend.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

Vielen Dank!

1 Like

Gerne ^^ Sind Sie Deutscher oder sprechen Sie es nur ein wenig?^^

Ich komme aus Kanada und lerne seit ein paar Jahren Deutsch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sehr nice, hört sich schon sehr gut an :smiley: Wenn du Hilfe o.Ä brauchst, sag Bescheid^^

I see you recommend washing the buds between ice cubes to break down the material. Have you considered using a Hammermill with LN2 integration? See video link below.

Fresh Frozen Grinding

Thanks, I will look into it, but I don’t crush my Material between the ice. I use only as much as it needs to keep everything cool. I try to gently “rub” the resin off by creating a current/vortex