-55C Cold Trap For Sale --- $750 NOW REDUCED TO $600!

Item:-55C Cold Trap

Price: $750

Excellent condition Savant cold trap for sale. This is one of the more desirable units that draws 5A as opposed to the lower power 3A units, so it gets down to -55C reasonably fast.

Willing to consider trades for CLS parts. Located in the greater Denver/Boulder area. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Any takers at $600?

This will be a tough sale at 600 when ebay has complete units for $200-300

Do you have the glass insert for it?

4 Likes

Fun fact, the savant 4l models all fit the gallon glass jars from Amazon just nice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Fair enough, I thought there would be some added value in this being a 5amp version with a photo showing that it works and gets down to below -50C. I would also include a working glass insert appropriately sized for this trap.

Most/all of the ones on ebay for 200-400 are going to be the 3amp versions that will maybe get down to -40C if you are lucky, and most will not come with any glass. The ebay units also typically have some additional minor issues like a broken power switch or frayed cord or something along those lines.

I am pretty sure there are some other members here who run the 3amp versions of these that can confirm they top out around -40. What would be considered a fair price for a solidly functioning cold trap that draws 5 amps (115v) and gets down to -55C? I am open to offers and trades.

1 Like

Any takers at $500? Will come with functioning glass insert that can easily be connected from vacuum to system with simple hose clamps.

Lab appliances don’t hold their value very well. Things like this can be had at auction for $15.

2 Likes

I’d trade some isolate for it if that interests you.

2 Likes

Yes and no. I would say the value is closer the that couple hundred mark. Look at them on eBay.

Personally if I needed one I would totally pay $4-500 for it. I think mine was $750 new?

2 Likes

Thank you for your extremely useful and helpful contribution to this thread and to the forum as a whole.

With comments like…

and…

It is clear that you really know your stuff and this community should be honored to be graced with such a knowledgeable, humble and positive member. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I just bought an HPLC machine for $20 so I’m feeling spicy :rofl:

3 Likes

That does interest me, following up with dm.

2 Likes