2" Pope drive belt specs?

Does anybody know the drive belt size specs for the 2" Pope? I’d like to avoid paying proprietary prices.

@Lilibel?

we may have some belts here

1 Like

Not sure about what proprietary prices means. Just contact pope about a replacement price and stop wasting time.

4 Likes

I was just wondering if there was a way for me to pay $5 to cheaply have a few on hand instead of $40 each from Pope. It’s not like I’ve been waiting here with baited breath and a broken belt in my hand.

1 Like

I suspect in the case of belts for a Pope one is paying a “science” tax rather than the more expensive “cannabis specific markup” than seems standard in this industry. Pretty sure Pope buys belts rather than manufactures them, so presumably there is a direct source.

1 Like

I think lilibel may have meant quit being a cheapo. It’s an effing pope

2 Likes

Haha, I get that too. We work in a high-overhead industry but not everything has to be expensive just for the sake of it. @cyclopath hit the nail on the head. There’s nothing particularly special about the belt, it’s just a matter of sizing it correctly. The design of the drive is not the best, and belt replacements are fairly regular.

@Apothecary36 I am a strong believer in “Opportunity Cost.”

Opportunity cost is a benefit missed when an investor, individual or business chooses one alternative over another.”

In this case I mean Opportunity cost (for those who don’t know) when you lose the time you could have spent making money to the pursuit of saving money.

If I spend $40 or even $160 on belts from Pope that are overnighted to me for $30 ($190 total at this point), then I get cranking again the next day, I make $10,000+ within the same day (at least I hope you’re cranking that much out, if not call me) instead of twiddling around the internet trying to find a $35 savings.

I don’t know the specifics of this persons situation, but when I say stop wasting time, that is the intent/meaning behind what I’m typing. The only reason I responded was because I was tagged otherwise I would not have gotten involved.

Opportunity cost people. Can you do a $5,000/hr job, or a $50.00/hr job? Think about it.

1 Like

I don’t have a pope but have speced belts for CNC machines before. I’d be surprised if a dealer like stock drive products (SDP) doesn’t carry them or a suitable replacement. May need to break out the caliper and get good measurements in order to figure out sizing.

I understand 100% where you are coming from. I see people with huge hourly value wasting time on bullshit all the time. Our Popes are not our primary equipment. If they were, and I was in a rush, you’re right, this post would have been stupid and pointless.

2 Likes

Glad that you can see my point, and I of course meant no offense to anyone personally. If you need some dosing pumps let me know :smiley:

1 Like