2 micron or smaller triclamp filters

Don’t you need 0.2 microns for spore removal?

2 Likes

Filter bags…

Elephant extracts uses them. They are down to 1micron. You can easily put a filter pod on your system. Ari/Elephant extracts may have those parts.

710snob makes them, as well, he totally bit Ari’s shit, but he has them. . I’m sure there’s a way to make it in line with your column. Or if you rack mount it’s easy to plumb

1 Like

PM is stopped by 1 micron. I think grey/botch/budrott is down to the .2 micron I thought. And even then the mycubisomethings still pass through as a liquid, anyway, right?

2 Likes

multicellular spores that are >10 μm in size, unicellular spores with diameters of 1–10 μm and fragments <1 μm combine to permit a broad size distribution of airborne fungal material.

I used these in the past when I was extracting biomass where mold might be an issue.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4674170582062533444

they are not cheap, and I used them at winterization. if you don’t wet them with solvent first, they will break.

before I found them, I used to buy these by the case…

1 Like

i assume you’re trying to do this during the extraction process inside your closed loop right? If you are doing this as part of later winterization or filtration steps, there are much easier ways to achieve it.

Could you run silica gel inline to filter solvent mid run?

have to agree. I had two of the above “filter pods” on the 710 machine I was running for a bit. first one was 5um, second was 1um. when combined with material socks, we were able to run 4-5 times a day for a month without needing to swap the filters!

even then they looked almost pristine…

couldn’t find them on 710snob’s website. nor elephant extracts.

1 Like

Ugh. That means you would have to call Josh (headydabber/710snob). But they are cool, it’d be nice not to have to change my filter paper each run