10lb CLS Slow Injection?! Confused!

10lb Xtractor Depot CLS ( I know I know)
6” crc w/ 900-1000g (W1 or t5/t41/sil)
10:1 solvent to material ratio using n-butane
Push with nitro from solvent tank @40psi push from material column @50psi

I’ve been having an issue with injection, system doesn’t want to flow like a hose into collection, it only trickles/ has a light stream that’s broken by trickle. Sometimes it will flow very hard if I open the valve to filter dryer (molecular sieve) and only flows for 5 seconds or so. What could be causing this?

So just to be clear, with 40 psi of n2 in your headspace, you aren’t getting steady flow to your material column?

When are you charging your material column with 50psi?

Your probably getting to the equilibrium in your system thats why opening the mol sieve takes a lil of the psi and lets more gas come in. Is tour collection chilled or heated while tour injecting

2 Likes

As long as it’s not heated I would say he is good. I don’t chill mine and my shit will flow great with a little charge of n2.

2 Likes

Ya i dont chill mine either, just trying to remove variables

2 Likes

I hear that.

@Bee , dumb question, when are you charging your material column with n2? (I personally only use the headspace of my tank)

And another dumb question, your system is pulled down to full vac?

3 Likes

You dont push the columns with n2? I dont, sometimes ill let the tank empty and use the headspace charge push the columns but normally only for injection since the chiller is -40c+ i got no psi for injection

1 Like

No, just charge my tank as needed. And like you’d said let that charge go through the material colum.

2 Likes

Figured it out!!! Typical XD crap causing issues

I cut the screen side off the crc screen gasket so it’s only the wire mesh and it flows perfectly like it should. The screen was compacted against the mesh so much that it wouldn’t allow a nice flow! Absolutely insane :exploding_head:

1 Like

Didn’t wanna leave you hanging lol, yes vacced down, use headspace of solvent tank to push but then switch to material columns and push direct there.

1 Like

Were your powders directly on top of that?

No this sits atop the crc. So gasket, gasket support, powders, papers, crc filter, papers, to collection. powders are in red area in photo.

3 Likes

I run a shower cap and a 100 mesh screened gasket just to make a lil more dispersion to avoid channeling

1 Like

So I grabbed a gasket support from glacier tanks, crc gasket kept ripping but also works to separate butane upon entrance to crc and make it hit other spots. Have that in conjunction with a sintered disk/ring combo that sits directly on top of powders THAT works like a dream.

2 Likes