$10.16 million on (Vape) E-Cig Recycling Center Opens in Budapest

Battery waste and recycle is a big issue, I knew a lot of friends here are not into disposables. Wondering when and who will build one in USA ,since Tons of disposables (both for nic and cannabis are sold. Or do they already did it within USA?

Philip Morris International inaugurated a HUF3 billion ($10.16 million) e-cigarette recycling center on the outskirts of Budapest this week, reports the Budapest Business Journal, citing state news wire MTI.

The center can recycle 150,000 electric tobacco devices a month, but capacity can be increased, according to PMI Sustainability Director Miguel Coleta.

The company picked the site because of Hungary’s economic stability and the favorable investment environment, he added.

State Secretary Tamas Menczer said the investment created 100 jobs, noting that PMI has just one other recycling center, in Japan.

PMI earned more than HUF230 billion in Hungary last year.

5 Likes

so they sell 20 million per month and recover a small portion? better than nothing. In USA some states require a deposit on aluminum cans. I remember being in germany and the event was multinational and most of us were throwing cans away and the local bums were loving it.

2 Likes

lol, exactly, I remember when I was in German each can or bottle worth 0.25 Euro, and they even have a machine to collect these, I was thinking about live my life by collecting cans

2 Likes

In the united states, this profession is known as “homeless”

3 Likes

100% true.

We offer 5-15 pennies (depending on location) per can/plastic bottle and homeless communities will have trash bags and shopping carts filled with them across the US to recycle for pay.

thinking about being a homeless in NYC 7 years ago, lol .Gave up because it’s freaking too cold

It’s near Christmas and that’s my first visit to US and I wear only a shirt

1 Like

do those dispensary have recycle project? Batteries can be recycled,unfornately cartridges can’t be recycled since there are usually too many different parts on a cartridge, metal,glass,ceramic…

1 Like

Next time i am arguing with a tankie on facebook imma kingofthekush this screenshot lol

Nope but we are the major consumer so move the recycling plants here

dude you have me recall those best memories in 2014,and the snowstorm

imagine the empty street on Christmas ,no taxi ,no uber, and after walking 30 mins on the street I finally saw a taxi. I was too excited or probably just brain freezed and gave my last 100 bucks as tips

2 Likes

Ooooof thats like 3x the nyc average fare lol. Americans use the Uber and Lyft apps to get around, much like air bnb to accommodate. Most of the frequent posters here are also experienced travelers within the united states

yes,i found a studio on airbnb ,they are college students from Brasil,they gave me another bed to survive the 2014 winter. that’s my first time to see so deep snow. In shenzhen We wear T-shirt on December

1 Like

You should have went to Miami instead. We swim in december lol

ticket booked from Vegas to Miami just at the beginning of the pandemic ,and it’s super bowl then.I already have my trunks packed while my friend there told she had the most serious flu ever,and she told there are tons of people going there for super bowl and being a Chinese best option should stay away from crowd during pandemic

hopefully i can swim in miami next December

3 Likes